Possible Pregnancy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know, I'm dumb. I bought two females from a pet store, I didnt realise there was so many rescue rats. I looked for breeders and rescues before I bought them but had no luck until I found this site...

Anyway I think I might be just paranoid but one of the females has a slightly larger belly then the other but its down low by her back legs. When they are running around on the floor it is noticeable. do you think I might be crazy and shes just fatter then the other? The employees claimed they were housed seperate from the males, but who knows. My next rats will not be from petstores.

Hopefully they were separated from the males at an early enough age. But some females do get a belly mostly from better eating and better diet.
How old are the girls?

if it would be possible i would posst pics of your little girl and teh experts can help you out hopefully. And i hopr she is not preggo.

Moose said:
Same here, I don't need 15 rats.

????
They can have up to 26 in a litter ... but 12 to 14 is an average litter size.

Please post belly shots and we can try to help out.
Watch to see if she shows signs of being in heat ... eats fluttering, freezing when her back is touched near her tail, etc.

Back