Porridge anyone?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
Last week Godmother brought the ratties over some porridge made with red river cereal.
It was a huge hit.

November11porrigewithLunarJubileeGusandSunny-1.jpg

Lunar, Jubilee, Gus, and Sunny enjoying the porridge

November11SolomonandRachealnotasinterestedinporrige-1.jpg

Rachael and Solomon thought it might be play time but soon found the porridge.

November11Solsaysyumgoodporrige-1.jpg

Alberta eating porridge, Isaac is just waking up ... he enjoyed the porrige too

November11Jonaheatsporrige-1.jpg

Jonah enjoying porridge. Daniel scooped up some and retreated with it into the house to eat in peace.

Wow there are some rolly polly ratties in that first pic lol they look like they're enjoying it!

MaryCayden said:
What type of cereal can I give mine? Whats good for them

They love baby cereal and just mix it with water or soy milk. They'll go nuts over it

They also love oatmeal. My rats get that every Sunday. My husband is already making it for us, so he just makes extra for the rats.

And I love Red River cereal, so I make up a batch in the microwave for them... and I take a little bowl for myself.

lindsayfawn said:
Wow there are some rolly polly ratties in that first pic lol they look like they're enjoying it!

Yes .... sigh!
Those are my 4 seniors .....
Lunar is on a diet and exercise plan ....
he was up to 1013 grams but has lost a bit of weight over the last few months .....
Despite various health and mobility issues, all 4 are very active.
They enjoy the 6 feet of horizontal cage space and the low balconies.

Interesting! I'll have to try oatmeal sometime with my girls...I'm also seeing baby food is a huge hit with rats.

As far as cereal I currently give them, they really enjoy plain Life. Usually I give them each one dry square of it, but sometimes I'll soak it in soy milk as a nice treat. They're also pretty big fans of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but that is a very rare treat indeed because of the high sugar content. :p

Back