Poppy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OceanEyes117

Sweet Poppy passed away yesterday. When I woke up she looked no better, even worse, since starting her meds on Friday. She seemed very unsteady on her feet, her balance was definitely off. She was still having difficulty breathing. I called the vet we saw on Friday only to be told that Dr. Lori would not be in the office until Wednesday. I left a message to have another vet call if they could and I called another vet nearby to see if they took exotics. As I was getting the emergency clinic number from them I heard Poppy moving around on her hammock. She looked like she was going to fall, so I picked her up to hold her. I then noticed that she was very cold. As I was snuggling her to warm her up, she began to fight a bit and kick out her back legs, and then she went limp in my arms, and I knew she was gone. I am so sad, it was so sudden. Four days ago she was fine. I just sat and held her and petted her and cried for like 20 min, and then let Luna say goodbye. Even though she was only with us for a week, I miss her so much. She was the sweetest little rat, and an absolute angel. Luna misses her buddy. I plan on taking her up to the good vet by school in a few weeks when school starts to find out what happened. Sweet Poppy will be missed dearly.

I'm very sorry for your loss. She passed in the arms of one who loved her and I'm certain that eased her passing. May your heart heal in time.

(((hugs)))

Donna-Lynne
:heart:

Back