Poor Little Baby Pinta :/ Not So Good Update :/

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was OK then started to regress, and this morning she is gasping occasionally...sigh. :sad3: She's on lasix, baytril and amoxicillin. I took her off the dex after a few days, but maybe I should put her back on?

She's just ears and eyes and not much else.

Pinta3dec20.jpg

I think so. She's regressing while on "kitchen sink" medicating. :( I just pray that I can keep her alive, but have such a bad feeling about this sweet little thing. :cry:

Maple said:
Did Pinta not see the vet to-day (yesterday really). Whats the news??

She has a URI, I was told to add doxy to the baytril but convinced my vet to change it to zithro instead and if needed nebulize with ventolin and saline. I also put several other sick rats on it at the same time, who weren't really responding to the doxy/baytril combo they are on.

The only problem with drop-off's and fit-in's are that I never get to speak to my vet. I only got the new tech who tried to teach me ALL about rats because she once had FIVE AT ONE TIME. :roll: "Doxycycline and baytril is really the best combination for rats, and you often see a difference right away" . Helloooo? Lady? Teeny frail baby here! Meds take days to kick in, what if "something" happens... *giggle* "Oh THAT won't happen..." Grrr.

lilspaz68 said:
Maple said:
Did Pinta not see the vet to-day (yesterday really). Whats the news??

She has a URI, I was told to add doxy to the baytril but convinced my vet to change it to zithro instead and if needed nebulize with ventolin and saline. I also put several other sick rats on it at the same time, who weren't really responding to the doxy/baytril combo they are on.

The only problem with drop-off's and fit-in's are that I never get to speak to my vet. I only got the new tech who tried to teach me ALL about rats because she once had FIVE AT ONE TIME. :roll: "Doxycycline and baytril is really the best combination for rats, and you often see a difference right away" . Helloooo? Lady? Teeny frail baby here! Meds take days to kick in, what if "something" happens... *giggle* "Oh THAT won't happen..." Grrr.

She's teaching you??? That's so wrong, you will be teaching her!!!

Sending thoughts and healing vibes your way.

Hope the ventolin helps. The poor baby's lungs might well have been permanently damaged by the cold freezer air, so a bronchodilator may be her best bet.

OMG, imagine a new vet tech trying to teach you about rats!! (and she has had FIVE at once! :giggle: Did you tell her how many you had??) Dr. Munn would find that pretty amusing.

Kisses, banana mash, and scritches to wee Pinta.

Back