PLEASE HELP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess<3Rats

My friend just rang up saying she found one of her male rats in her bathroom and he looked dead. She looked closer and he was lying very still with his eyes rolling to the back of his head. He then suddenly began shaking and she has no idea what had happened or why he's doing it. It is the first time it has happened. He cannot reach any harmful substances such as bleach. I've advised her to just put him in a single level cage with plenty of food and water until tomorrow when she can consult a vet. Is there anything else she can do and can any suggest whats wrong with poor Cookie? :sad3:

Unfortunately, it is difficult to guess without someone seeing him. Not even a vet would take a guess without looking at him. You have done the best you can with your description, but it could be lots of things - choking, heart failure, aneurysm, stroke, just about anything.
My suggestion would be not to wait until tomorrow to get him into the vets, it sounds as if he needs to see one right away.

Vanessa said:
Unfortunately, it is difficult to guess without someone seeing him. Not even a vet would take a guess without looking at him. You have done the best you can with your description, but it could be lots of things - choking, heart failure, aneurysm, stroke, just about anything.
My suggestion would be not to wait until tomorrow to get him into the vets, it sounds as if he needs to see one right away.

Its late at night so she cant take him to the vets
Thanks for your help

Is there the possibility that he slipped and fell from the toilet? maybe the counter? I know my lil boys are quite the jumpers and not always that aware of themselves....

Back