Playful biting?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandy

I was hand wrestling with Lazarus today and he grabbed my finger a couple of times and put his mouth around as if to bite, but I could barely feel it, just see.

Is this part of them playing or was he just getting annoyed? When I stopped he'd bounce of and then bounce straight back :) I love it when they bounce, they seem so happy!

That sounds like playing to me....I have one girl who loves to play and sometimes she "mouths" at me....It isn't hard and doesn't bother me but just to make sure she doesn't get rough I ususally make a squeak noise, hold my hand still and tell her to play nice.......If she does it again......I will squeak and take my hand away......

The fact that a boy did this... I would immediately discourage him doing this. When you see him open his mouth, take away your finger and say no! Stop playing with him for a couple of minutes so he gets the idea. It's probably nothing but just in case, stop it in it's tract before it gets to the point of an actual bite.

good point Jo.....I wondered if being an unneutered boy would make a difference. I know my girl is just being playfull...she has handwrestled since she was a baby and just gets a bit over zealous......

Back