pit bull test can you pass it?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got it right on my first try. But I guess the fact that I used to have one may have played in my favour....

I love all the "pitt bull" type dogs. What I don't like is 50% of the owners. And I really don't like the morons in government who don't understand that it's f***g retarded owners that make a dog bad, not the breed! :redhot:

MumsyRat said:
I got it right on my first try. But I guess the fact that I used to have one may have played in my favour....

I love all the "pitt bull" type dogs. What I don't like is 50% of the owners. And I really don't like the morons in government who don't understand that it's f***g retarded owners that make a dog bad, not the breed! :redhot:

I totally agree. I got a pup coming and she will be raised the right way. To be a loving dog a family member. She will be socialized as well as she will walk back and forth with me to take kids to school and to go get them.

I got it on my frist try too I was suprised i got it cause i don't know much about dog, but my friend had one, her name was harley and she was blind and deaf and would lick the floors to find ppls feet and make sure she didn't run in to walls.

I got it on the first try.
I've never owned one and never will... I believe muscle dogs require lots of discipline, time and attention. They must be trained and be obedient at all cost. In Ontario, it would be selfish of me to "buy" a pit puppy, it would be putting that dog's life in jeopardy. Also, it would sadden me to see him muzzled at all times when out in public.

The problem is, this test doesn't include the two breeds that are most commonly confused for Pitts... Staffordshire Bull Terriers and American Staffordshire Terriers.

I got it on my First try to, not surprizing though I work for a Vet Hospital and help Identify Breeds of dog that owners are not sure what they are from like the pound etc...I also help with Mixed Breeds I have studied about many breeds, but "Dangerous Breeds" :redhot: are my Favorite, I love Dobies and Rotties, and I own many Min Pins, and alot of people think they are just as bad, little ankle biter and they are not bad at all.

I def. feel Pit bull love, unfortunately I have never owned one but and never will my Boyfriend doesn't like them unfortunately He is dumb sometimes. I do however have a Catahoula leopard dog which was a Breed on there, I don't remember what set but it was the top left photo of a chocolate colored dog. She was a rescue from them SPCA. :heart:

I've done this before and I got it on my second try. I thouight it was funny as I study breeds all the time mind you, not the breed standards. I'm with Jo, sort of....I love pitties but would never have one due to the energy they require, however I love the muscle (bull/mastiff) breeds for the challenge it takes to make them nice (I love dog training:heart:) and will be visiting a Neo breeder this summer to familarize myself with the breed.

The saddest thing is visiting Montreal, looking at the pitts at the SPCA and knowing you can never bring one home...:sad3:

Moon said:
The problem is, this test doesn't include the two breeds that are most commonly confused for Pitts... Staffordshire Bull Terriers and American Staffordshire Terriers.

I got it on the first try.

Moon, you are so right. I own 2 "Pit Bulls" and 1 Staffordshire Bull Terrier and I am forever telling people she is not a Pit Bull she is a "Staffy" she looks more like a Bull Dog with a nose than she looks like a Pit but all people see is her brindle and her muscle and they just assume "Pit." Drives me NUTS. :gaah:

jorats said:
I've never owned one and never will... I believe muscle dogs require lots of discipline, time and attention.
Besides the fact they are banded in many places (and it seems especially in Canada), I wish everyone would understand this about bully breeds. My friend and I went to the dog park a couple of weeks ago and a pitty came in. She was like "Pit Bulls are mean"...I wanted to tear her head off, but I said actually they are not mean just most 'pit bull' owners have no idea what it takes to own one!!! I guess her friend has one who hates men and has already bitten a couple of people....UGH! This is what makes me kind of want the ban, far too many irresponible people to keep track of..

lilratsy43 said:
tempeltontherat13021 said:
MumsyRat said:

I totally agree. I got a pup coming and she will be raised the right way. To be a loving dog a family member. She will be socialized as well as she will walk back and forth with me to take kids to school and to go get them.

Please stop getting animals, saying your going to keep them and then rehoming them! I have stayed quiet long enough. You currently have the puppy and a bunny up on CL. If you can't care for them, please DO NOT take anymore animals in...You have a full house with your children alone, enough is enough...

It is really not up to us to tell someone how many animals/children they are capable to cope with.....I know there are some members on here with LOTS and do an amazing job. Having said that we know CL is not a safe place to advertise rescues looking for homes.
I know as a shelter worker I hope that the members on here learn that pets are a permanent member of their family and that they take the commitment seriously.

lilratsy43 said:
tempeltontherat13021 said:
MumsyRat said:

Please stop getting animals, saying your going to keep them and then rehoming them! I have stayed quiet long enough. You currently have the puppy and a bunny up on CL. If you can't care for them, please DO NOT take anymore animals in...You have a full house with your children alone, enough is enough...

FIRST of all:

you have no right to say what i can have in my home. I TAKE care of my animals, i have two vets. Yea i had a pup on craigslist but it wasnt MINE, and i have people to vouch for me on that one and the bunny was given to me and attacked my other bunny. IM sorry but all my rats, bunnies(3) of them and my other animals are well taken care of.

Found it on the second try. :)

My current dog is a "pit bull". Some people have told me she's a mix, but seeing how she's matured I'm not entirely sure about it. She's not pedigreed, was a stray, came from a pound, and switched hands a couple times before I got her, so there's no way to really know for sure. However looking at the photos of the old fashioned American pitbull terrier, that's what she looks like, almost perfectly

She's a sweet dog, about as sweet as you can find. She's very obedient, as long as you know dogs. She's also very timid. She needs just the right touch, you can't be TOO forgiving, but you can't be too firm with her either (if you are, you'll literally scare the pee out of her and she'll run and hide in terror - not very conducive for obedience). She's a little stubborn and bull-headed at times, but she's obedient when she knows you mean it. I take her with me to work at least several days every week. I'm a field biologist, which means lots of walking. This time with her is wonderful - it helps strengthen our bond, gives opportunity for further training and socializing, and also gives her a much needed release for energy. I've always had herding breed mixes, including a shepherd/husky mix and a border collie mix. None of them can lift a finger to Alley in terms of energy, she'll top them all! So it is very important for me to get her out often. A hyper dog becomes a bored dog becomes a destructive dog...

These breeds aren't for everyone. Unfortunately the wrong owners have ruined them and given them a bad, undeserved image.

My sister has two Staffys that are quite often reffered to as pits. Both are wonderful dogs. The hubby and I have a dobe, great dog, full of character and very well heeled :wink2: We have been asked why we would keep a dangerous breed around a child..we usually laugh. Sara is 8 now and our daughter is 12, they have gorwn up together and love one another very much. You just have to be firm and loving with all dogs IMO.

Back