Pictures from Today!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cityratt

So we went to Brians parents house for mothers day - and obviously Huxley came in tow (Tess visited with her grandmama for the day!)
And i took some pictures....
I've been messing around with my camera...trying to take decent pictures, and I must admit im pleased with the ones that I took today!
So if you've got nothing better to do - take a peak!

I've water marked them...just after taking with a few people about other people borrowing pictures w/o asking - I would just DIE if I saw something I took elsewhere without me knowing it....So if anyone wants a picture w/o the watermark let me know! ill gladly pass it along (i dont mean that to sound condasending...and "ooh, aww everyone will want my pictures" but i mean...i think some of them are purdy :D

IMG_1684-1.jpg

Huxley found some mud :lol: dirty dirty puppy! But how can you make him stop when hes having SO much fun??
IMG_1716-1.jpg

Post-River-washup
IMG_1726-1.jpg

IMG_1724-1.jpg

IMG_1729-1.jpg

IMG_1731-1.jpg

IMG_1732-1.jpg

IMG_1733-1.jpg

IMG_1734-1.jpg

IMG_1736-1.jpg

Im going to keep adding more as i go along tonight/tomorrow...check back if you wanna :)

Those pictures are beautiful....and I love Huxley (my friends Gordon setter is named Huxley)
I love labs and yours is very handsome........aren't they the greatest dog...so smart and full of life!

Lol yea Hux is our resident Dogguides Foster Pup....
They picked the name I suggested Finally!!

Dahlas did your friends name him after the author Huxley too?? We're going to read A Brave New World together once im sure he wont try to eat it on me!
He's actually a Golden Ret X Lab but you'd never know it...and for a 5.5month old guy hes the same size as my 9 y/o Golden!

I think he said he got it from a relative........my dog is a golden ret /lab mix....but he looks like a golden retriever only black......one of my fosters that never left.... :D
My boy is 80lbs and nice and lean........

I always wanted to foster for guide dogs.....hopefully I will be able to do that one day......

Here is a pictureof my dog I took over the winter.....
Cooper1.jpg

He is a lab in his heart....give him water and a ball and his family and you have one happy dog...oh yeah throw in some dog friends, some kids, food and his life is complete......
He is a real gentle and good natured dog. I just love him. When I got him he was 20 lbs under weight, and covered with whip marks but he still loved everyone. While I treated his wounds his tail never stopped wagging....i couldn't bare to part with him.....

thats completely understandable!

I remember Dakota...a Shep Rottie Lab X that we got in at the SPCA after being locked in a storage unit and being fed once every few days...he was left there to gaurd the unit...and would bark and lunge at the door/unit windows when the investigators would come by.

He was about 20lbs underweight also, at least, truely emaciated. I loved that dog so much, and had i not lived at home (with my mom, the pet nazi) he would be still with me today. I would sit with him in his run, and we would just hang out...people walking through for adoptions thought i was trapped there with him a few times, one asked me if I was crazy being in there with him like that.

I love Dakota - whatever his heart was made of, his and mine were the same. :heart:

Oh my gosh those are wonderful! I'm particularly impressed by the first photo because it took me ages to figure out action shots, at least the kind where your subject is speeding at you like Huxley is, lol. Can I ask what ISO speed you set it at?

Amazing photographs! The flowers are amazing, and of course the pups are ADORABLE!

I think your water mark is cute; I like the font, LOL!

Bronwyn said:
Oh my gosh those are wonderful! I'm particularly impressed by the first photo because it took me ages to figure out action shots, at least the kind where your subject is speeding at you like Huxley is, lol. Can I ask what ISO speed you set it at?

lol Bron its the sports setting....i have no idea what the ISO is :D YUP! im a faker!

Thanks for all your kind words guys :)

You're not a faker! :p You used your head, haha, when I tried to photograph the Gryphons first and only race in Guelph it went terribly for the most part, haha, I kept switching aperature levels, ISO, and shutter speed. One worked out. Naturally, I have no idea which settings those were. HA!

Anyway, thanks! :D I'll try that mode, I'm always in P or manual!

Latest posts

Back