Petsmart Visit

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

So I went to petsmart last night. Wayne and I are going on holidays for a week and Waynes younger brother Tyler will be rat sitting. I am going to miss my girls!!!
I wanted to get nylabone edibles but I could only find them in a three pack with the other types. Finally at the check out I found them, but they were bacon flavor with was 60% protein :shock: so I decided not to get those. I now actually spend more time reading labels of the rat treats and food I buy then I do reading labels of food I buy. :lol: I found these little le bon croissent which have the ratatouille name on them. My girls liked them so that's all that matters. I bought these nibbler things that have alfalfa and raspberrys in them. Is alfalfa ok for rats? I also bought more food, a snak shak treat that looks like a log with seeds in it. Honey is in there too. I was thinking of the big one, but I was worried because the hole isn't that big and if they got stuck and since we will be away for a week, if that happened Tyler would panic! I also bought one of those chubs (paper tubes that can be chewed).

Do I feel a little guilty about leaving them for a week. Heck YA!!! But at least they have stuff to keep themselve entertained. HEHE

lol! Guilt will get them treats every time.
Rats have a hard time digesting alfalfa but I don't think it's bad for them. I've also read that rats will rarely eat something that doesn't agree with them, so they may not eat the treat with alfalfa but will chew on it. It's the same thing with corn, how we humans can't digest the cellulose in the corn, the casing, so we umm... just pass it through. BTW, rats can't digest cellulose either.

Our kids love those Ratatouille Le Bon Croissants! They loved the Quiche Lorraine too, but it was just one piece and was gone in no time.

We have to limit our trips to petsmart because if we don't, we will come back with so much stuff for the rats that we won't have enough money to get food for ourselves (just like happened this week!)

Next trip I want to get one of those Snak Shak things, so I'll be interested to hear how your girls like it.

Have a fun trip!

I agree when I go to any store, Wal-Mart, Dollar General, etc. I always come back with more stuff for my girls then for us. When I am preparing their dinner my BF looks at his hot-pocket or frozen pizza and says "you know you spend more time making dinner for them than you do for me and look at what they get veggis, fruit, OYSTERS and I get frozen food." I just look at him and say the girls appreciate what I make for them do you? He just walks away, he now knows better than to open that can of worms. :tumkiss:

Back