PENGUINS!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MumsyRat

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
:happydance: :woohoonaner: :happydance:

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

:thewave: :thewave:

FINALLY Detroit ins't the Stanley Cup winners! UGH! that was getting annoying...

Don't hate Detroit, we just happen to have a fantastic hockey club!!!!! It's not like we are a franchise like the Yankees, now that is something that is old already :wink2:

I was bummed last night, but the Penguins wanted it more than the Wings obviously did.

Well, I had a look at Sidney Crosby's web site. He is very cute indeed, but (and I hate to have to admit this)... he is younger than my nephew and I am at the age where I look at such young men and think of them as sons rather than hotties. :giggle:

By the time a guy gets to ogling age for me, he's probably getting too old for hockey!! :lol:

anita1216 said:
FINALLY Detroit ins't the Stanley Cup winners! UGH! that was getting annoying...

Don't hate Detroit, we just happen to have a fantastic hockey club!!!!! It's not like we are a franchise like the Yankees, now that is something that is old already :wink2:

I was bummed last night, but the Penguins wanted it more than the Wings obviously did.
:giggle: oh don't get me wrong, they're an AWESOME team, it was just refreshing to have new winners...

See? I don't get this from a Canadian.

It's not like a Canadian team hasn't won the Stanley Cup four years straight. Or there weren't Canadian dynasty teams. Montreal won the Cup four years straight. TWICE. One streak they won five times (1956-60, the other four year streak was 1976-79). Toronto won 3 years straight (1962-64).

And who can't remember the Gretsky team from Edmonton in the 80s?

The NY Islanders won from 1980-83.

In fact, if you want to get technical, it wasn't until a decade ago that Detroit started winning again. They had a 40 year streak of NOT winning the Cup.

I just don't get that mindset in the NHL, that's all.

And for the record, it was announced today that about half of the Red Wing stars have major injuries.

Pittsburgh played the entire season without hardly any injuries. Additionally, had Pittsburgh not gotten rid of Hossa they likely wouldn't have even made the playoffs, let alone the Cup. This was due to salary cap restrictions and by getting rid of Hossa, they were able to get key players that pushed them into the playoffs. Until that time, they were really doing poorly.

They couldn't even grow a sweet playoff beard.

pfftt

20090518224448_2009-0518-dm-wings-blackhawks-practice0495.jpg

Red wings should have won!

Back