peeing in one corner

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clmntine

i was just wondering if anyone elses rats did this, and how you deal with it/what you do about it (also i cant find any info about this).

my boys seem to have a preferred spot that they pee. one side of the top level of their cage. im sure this is not the only place they go in the cage, but it is definitely their favourite!

not a huge issue, they are boys, and i expect them to urine mark, but the urine builds up pretty fast and gets pretty yucky and smelly, and sometimes drips down the cage. today when i was cleaning i had to wipe down the whole side of the cage and table below their pee corner.

do they do this just because they are maturing boys? can i put anything there that will help absorb it?

thanks!

hahaha they are rats. LOL Baby wipes will be your friend. Just toss that cage in the tub, get a scrub brush from the dollar store and some dish soap and you're away. Those cages clean up well once a week.

It is normal.
Stick a litter box in (all) the corner(s) where they like to pee!
The triangular ones are good as they have high backs that help keep the pee from hitting the wall
Many of us use a paper based nonscented litter in the litter box, sux=ch as yesterdays news.

Back