Pearl's Breathing again

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LA

Oi, Pearl is at the bad breathing again. I was on my way home from my friends and Wayne called me to tell me Pearl was breathing terribly, he sounded like he did when he told me his mom was in the hosptial. I went to get soy milk and dark chocolate at that point, thank god walmart is open until 11pm here. I got home her breathing is ok for now, a little crackly, but Wayne said it was really loud and very noisey. Which is the worst it's ever been. So I will phone the vets on monday to get more baytril for the interm and get her to order I think doxy this time. Baytril isn't cutting it. I hate it, this always happens on a weekend. I have put some baytril into her and hopefully have enough for the rest of the weekend.

Ah boo, that sucks LA. Will a steam in the bathroom stress her out? If not that may help for a bit.

When you can hear it that good, chances are it's nasal and not so "serious". But I have found that Baytril alone just won't cut it but couple it with doxy and it works like magic.
Good luck sweet Pearl!!

Thanks Jo and Moon. When Wayne called I was so worried. The steam in the bathroom would stress her out, she likes to be where she can see her cage. She's calmed down quite a bit which is good. I said to her later that she didn't have to scare daddy so bad if she wanted to see me because I was on my way home. :roll:

I hope it's only nasal. Baytril and Doxy worked wonders on one of mine. It took 12 days but he was all cleared up. Good luck with your sweetie.

She sounded good this morning, but I didn't get a chance to spend too much time with her before I went to work. She took her baytril like a good girl. She's funny that one, she runs around and plays like nothing is wrong. She's stubborn and doesn't like being sick.

I've always had great success with Baytril/Zithro for those really stubborn resp issues. If the Doxy doesn't seem to cut it, it may be a good option for you.

Thanks Kat I will keep that in mind when talking to the vets. I honestly can't remember which meds she was talking about when she said she had to order it. I do believe it was doxy. I will find out tomorrow.

You usually have to get Zithro from a human pharmacy. Make sure you call around for prices, though. Some places will sell it alot cheaper than others.

Back