Patch of Fur missing, bite wound near it

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EDK

Hey guys, so ya one of my boys, Nes, he's a dumbo, and about 4months of age, he'll be 5months on the 24th of May. Currently he's very hyper and going through early stages of establishing himself in the pack more or less. I've watched him push his luck with the Alpha, Gizmo, to which Gizmo would merely dominante him by pinning him down and rough grooming. He's also been pushing himself on Gyro more or less. Merely he'd try to get his head under Gyro, or try to hump or pin him down for rough grooming, but Gyro is having none of it from Nes and they've had a couple of boxing matches lately. This is all during play time, sometimes the fights sound really bad when I can't see them, alot of squeaking from Nes, but he's always been the vocal of my boys.

Last night however I noticed on his rear end, that a patch of fur was less then usual, almost all gone in this one spot, there's also a little bite mark near the bald site. For safety I wanted to make sure it wasn't skin related, the bald spot itself is clear, no clear rashy skin or signs of irritated red, a few scratch marks there, and of course the bite mark next to it. I checked everywhere else on his skin for more bald patches or signs of skin issues and could find nothing. Is this possibly one of the boys pulling his fur out during domination confrentation?

I'm sure what is going on is some yanking. Dominant rats, usually females like to yank/grab at the minion to pull them in. This is all part of learning the ropes.
This was on Nes? if so, I'd say let them at it. The older boys must teach Nes his place in the colony.

Yes this is Nes, he's the youngest of the group and the most hyper, trying to show his stuff I been noticing hehe. Like I said he tries to push his luck with the alpha, Gizmo, but Gyro isn't patient as Gizmo so he's more quick to a box match, nothing too serious though. So ya I suppose both Gyro and Gizmo are still sorting him out lol.

They get along great in their cage, I do hear an occassional squeak but its more from rough grooming and one of them throwing a fit about it lol. Ok I won't worry then thanks :)

Back