Parasite, Pimiple, or...?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevalrose

So I don't know what to make of this but here's the story:

Onyx has had a scab (just one) on his back for quite a while now...months! I finally decided to pick it off. So After the initial scab came off there was some white stuff there, so I pulled it and a small strand of white came out and broke off a little so I pulled again and then squeezed it and more came up. I did this about 4 times until nothing came out. Does this sound like it could have been some kind of parasite anchored to him from the outside, or maybe a really deep pimple...or something else?

Any insight?

I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if it changes at all (and he does have a vet appointment anyways on the 19th).

I would say cyst as well. They seem to pop up as animals, and people for that matter, age.

yup.. sounds like a cyst to me also... if it happens again... after you take the scab off and squeeze the white stuff out.. dilute some salt in luke warm water.. and flush the hole with a syringe a few times to clean it out really good... you will probably want to do it again the next day .. take the scab off... squeeze out any junk if its there and flush it with salt water a few times...
like put the syringe right on the hole...

Back