Oxbow reformulation petition? Good or Bad idea?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christie

Do you think it would be a good idea to start a petition that people could "sign" asking for a reformulation of Oxbow Regal Rat to make it more palatable for ratties because as most of you know, about 90% of rats dont like oxbow. They will eat it but they dont like eating it as much as they would love eating Harlan which a lot of us cannot get. If oxbow could reformulate just by making a few adjustments such as making it more palatable, get rid of the fish meal, and maybe get the price down a bit, I think it would sell a lot more than it does now.

What do you guys think of this idea? Do you think that if we get enough people to sign then Oxbow would do it? How would we go about making an online petition? I personally have never done it before so I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions/opinions?

i would here at my vet it would cost 68$ for a 40lbs bag i know you get a lot but still i can get a bag of mazuri (its under a different name at the store but its that) and it costs 34$ for a 50lbs bag. but if the price went down and the taste for rattie were better i most likely would switch.

I'd definitely would sign it. You would need a lot of signatures and addresses to impress a company to change their flavor.
They should go with banana, not apple.

Hmm...ok

Yup, there was a rumour going around about it changing but it was just that, a rumour. Jo, would it be possible to make it banana flavour and would that make it more palatable than apple?

Ho would I go about starting this then?

Ratlover101 said:
Hmm...ok

Yup, there was a rumour going around about it changing but it was just that, a rumour. Jo, would it be possible to make it banana flavour and would that make it more palatable than apple?

Ho would I go about starting this then?

I really don't know if you can make it banana flavor, I figure if they can make it apple flavor why not banana? Or peanut butter? But then, that could bring up the protein.
You could first try by writing to the company and telling them about how you find your rats don't really like the Oxbow but that you honestly believe their food is the best food for rats... see what kind of response you will get from them.

I don't think they should get rid of the fish meal if they can get it from ethyquinox(sp?)-free sources, I like the meat in rat food and prefer it to veggie diets. However I would sign for a change in flavour and a formula that cpuld be fed to babies.

Back