Ottawa ON Dr. Steve Liston

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used him too, and i was pleasantly surprised. i thought it would be more expensive.

he was also very nice, but i think his boyness scared the girls a little, but he let me hold them for the most part and that helped a bit.

when i posted that; he was ok but i have other thoughts of him now. i will only go there if need a cheap easy check up. he does not weigh the rats nor does he own a scale too witch i found out after a few visits. and he over doses the rats being that he can not weigh them but when i get meds from him now i weigh my own rat and ask for help on the forums :)

being that he has no scale i would not use him for surgeries.

Being that he has no scale I wouldn't go to him for anything unless you are comfortable working out dosing on your own.

ryelle said:
bizarre that a vet doesnt own scales.. they cant be that expensive...

i know i tried to tell him i may keep trying, as he is really nice with them. but nice with them is not always what you need from them.

he has a pet scale like for dogs/cats and all but not a small scale to weigh smaller animals, witch i would think if you do not have the means do not take them in till you do.

FYI -- I put a call in to Dr. Liston, and my husband took it when he called back. We asked him about the scale directly, specifically with regard to how he determines the amount of anesthesia to give a rattie for surgery. He said he does have a scale and determines the amount by weighing the ratties. I don't know as of when he got the scale, etc. but wanted to let you know this feedback. That call was this month, August 2009.

FYI -- I can confirm that I've actually seen the scale now :) We brought our little girlie in yesterday and he weighed her in front of us. So Yippee!! 'cause I think my little girlies like Dr. Liston as much as we do!

Back