Opinions on these foods

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicky82

There is a pet store in Timmins that was a bird store but is now expanding to include rodent food, I asked what kinds they would be getting and the following is the list of the ones they will have or could get:

Vitakraft menu for rats.
Vita Vittles Gold for rats.
Purina Rodent Lab Chow but it comes in a 50lb bag
Rat Lab Chow I can get but it comes in a 50lb bag
Kaytee Forti-Diet Mouse and Rat
Kaytee Fiesta Mouse and Rat

I believe the first one is a mix and I think the last two are as well but I'm not sure about the rest, the Rat Lab Chow doesn't seem specific and they don't know the protein levels of them. :roll: I might buy some stuff there because I'm in Cochrane often and can got to Timmins :) What is everyones opinion of these foods? :D

chicky82 said:
There is a pet store in Timmins that was a bird store but is now expanding to include rodent food, I asked what kinds they would be getting and the following is the list of the ones they will have or could get:

Vitakraft menu for rats.
Vita Vittles Gold for rats.
Purina Rodent Lab Chow but it comes in a 50lb bag
Rat Lab Chow I can get but it comes in a 50lb bag
Kaytee Forti-Diet Mouse and Rat
Kaytee Fiesta Mouse and Rat

I believe the first one is a mix and I think the last two are as well but I'm not sure about the rest, the Rat Lab Chow doesn't seem specific and they don't know the protein levels of them. :roll: I might buy some stuff there because I'm in Cochrane often and can got to Timmins :) What is everyones opinion of these foods? :D

Vitakraft sucks, as does Kaytee, the Purina Rodent Lab Chow (big white bag that says LabDiet 5001?) that is the most decent one of the lot. Very high protein but fat levels are okay.
http://www.labdiet.com/pdf/5001.pdf

Are you able to order online? You could order Harlan Teklad 2018 from Kiim's Ark or email them and ask who is the closest supplier. Kim's Ark sells 2018 for $1 per pound plus shipping. It might be more economical and much healthier for your rats in the long run.

Can you order

Back