Opinions: Is this cage worth $80?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got the new cage! :dance:

It's in extremely good shape, and very clean. No damage at all to the powder coating, if it wasn't for a few rusty C-rings the cage would look brand new.
I love the new huge doors! I can practically fit my whole upper body through, it's awesome lol.
The two half-levels are much wider than they look from pictures. I had always thought they'd be much skinnier, so that was a welcome surprise.
ANNND, it has a flip top lid! Yay!

We decided to keep some of the accessories, it came with a large igloo and wheel, both in perfect condition. It also came with a supply of Yesterday's Mews and Carefresh, so we thought why not?

All in all I'm very happy with it. Thanks so much for the input everyone, I really appreciate it!

Me thinks the rattums are going to love their new digs. Can't wait.

Oh, I think they will! :D Can't wait to go to the dollar store and stock up on fleece baby blankets so I can make liners and some extra hammocks. Cozy cozy!

I bought my cages in 2005, I got 6 Ruuds and a Ferret Condo. You dont want to see that bill. I still have 2 Ruuds and the condo, I wont be parting with them lol I stopped owning rats for 4 years and I am GLAD I kept some of my cages! Although mine have the small doors lol Congrats on getting the cage!!

Woo hoo! Congrats. You should post pics when you get it decorated :)

lol after so many posts like this, if I ever take a break from rats I will learn from everyone else's mistake and not get rid of my cages!

Ha ha, nope, I won't be getting rid of this one, either! Now that I've got a nice cage again, I'm not banging my head against the wall quite so forcefully about selling my FN. The FN would have just tempted me to fill it with rattums. :giggle: My current cage is fine, but ugly and awkward with the homemade levels.
It's going to feel good to have a normal rat cage again!

Pitluvs, if you bought those in 2005 I can only imagine what 6 RUUD's and a ferret condo would amount to now with the increased shipping and customs. Whew! It is a good thing you kept a few! :)

Back