Onyx's Neuter - Update stitches question

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chevalrose

So Onyx is home from his neuter today. Everything went well. He's still pretty loopy from the anesthesia. He's 700g and the vet said that the gas wasn't enough and they had to use injectable anesthesia and because he is so big it took a while for him to go under...so it's also taking him a while for it to wear off. He was sent home with some anibiotics and is now resting under my leg on the couch.

Here he is in the carrier when we got home, poor guy.
Rats174.jpg

His look says it all!! His poor bum!!(Balls or lack there of) :cheeky:
I had my Tobi done and it turned him from really aggressive to a big pile of mush. :D
Give Onyx lotsa :heart: & :cuddle: and he will be healed in no time. :thumbup:

The poor guy was like that all night last night and really only started to stop being "boneless" right before we went to bed. He laid on me while we were on the couch last night and just vegged out. He's right as rain this morning though...getting around fine if a little ouchy.

So Onyx is healing nicely and all is well. I do have a question about the stitches...they're still there after about a week. My vet didn't say anything about having to make an appointment to remove them...do they just come out themselves or should I call her? She said something about palpitating the area to help loosen them...which doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I'm pretty sure they must use sutures that dissolve on their own. Sometimes a month down the road and I can still see a small string but it does go away eventually.

Back