Once again, sneezing

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keltera

ugh, iam such a paranoid mommy.

thor is sneezing again today.. iam hopeing its just because of the mr.clean i used on the floor, so i cleaned it up so hopefully by tommarow he will stop.

I already took him to the vet before and he got treated for it, that was just over two weeks ago
would it be wise to keep a close eye on him? would he get the same thing right after he finished his meds on the 12th?

Keltera said:

thor is sneezing again today.. iam hopeing its just because of the mr.clean i used on the floor, so i cleaned it up so hopefully by tommarow he will stop.

I already took him to the vet before and he got treated for it, that was just over two weeks ago
would it be wise to keep a close eye on him? would he get the same thing right after he finished his meds on the 12th?

What were his meds and for how long did he take them?

lilspaz68 said:
Keltera said:

What were his meds and for how long did he take them?

She gave him an injection and gave me a 14 day perscription of doxysilon (SP?)

lilspaz68 said:
14 days of doxycycline eh? High Park? Was it twice a day at least?
How fast did he improve on the doxy?
yes, it was twice a day every twelve hours, and i set my alarm for it too >.o i made sure he got it!

actully, the first day he was already sneezing less, and there wasent much sneezing after, maybe a 12-20 or so a day, not like he was the night before the vet, where he was sneezing fits that kept me awake.

lilspaz68 said:
You really have to watch the strong smelling stuff around your little guy. See how he is tomorrow now that the Bad Smell is gone.
i even think its helping already, i dont hear anything form his cage cept for chewing (he loves his new food! iam so glad!) he drinks alot too

sigh.. what am i doing wrong? it seems to be worse again.. and i noticed the red discharge on his nose last night ): i thought he had gotten better.. now that hes been off his medication since the 12.. it came back yesterday..

Check to see what's around him or any stresses. Does anyone smoke in the home? Loud noise like a loud TV? Air fresheners? Anything can set it off.

jorats said:
Check to see what's around him or any stresses. Does anyone smoke in the home? Loud noise like a loud TV? Air fresheners? Anything can set it off.
well i used some mr. clean yesterday, and cleaned it right up when noticed he was sneezing.. hmn. i used some fabreeze maybe about a week ago? i cleaned his cage yesterday, thinking maybe it just needed a cleaning and he was uncomfortable. his Cage is right beside my computer, which is my music player aswell.

IAm thinking it is the mr clean that set it off, in that case.. would it go away in a few days? i havent even payed off his first visite to the vets .. D:

Also! ive noticed his coat, its funny, the color that is, if you think of a hodded, thor is all dark grey, but , kinda like a hodded, he has lighter fur around his head, a streek down his back and his butt, but i only noticed this the other day and was thinking maybe it was just his adult hair starting to grow in.

jorats said:
The fur, your boy is molting, it's very normal.
It could be the mr. Clean, give him a few days and see if he will stop.
alright :) thanks XD i still love his fur, inverted hodded XD yes, so i figured it was something like that with his coat :D

I was being told that carefreash was really dusty for rats, could that be the cause? hes still sneezing. iam getting his new cage today, and iam switching to towels
he sneezes more IN his gage, then out of it

I use towels and/or blankies for my guys. I find that some have problems to carefresh, some don't, etc., etc. so to keep it safe, I just use blankets and a litter box.

jorats said:
My rats were very sneezy when I tried Carefresh. You can take it out and see... if he stops, then that's what was causing it.
i got his new cage.. :) we shall see!! i only havr carefresh in his litter pan now!

Back