OMG - Overdose?!?!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jorats said:
I too would try doxy. As for the Baytril, it's pretty much safe on young rats. I've used it all the time.
There were cartilage issues in puppies and kittens but nothing documented on rats or other small animals.
But... doxy is a good med to try especially if it's just sneezes.
Also... many rats have that new home sneezes where they sneeze for about a week until they get settled.
Things you could do as well, change the bedding, make sure there is no smoking or other scent around the rat, limit your perfume or hairspray.

There are no real strong smells here, but some dust. We're both non-smokers, no perfume near them, no cleaning products, nothing. I just wonder what's going on with her. :(

As of this morning, she's also a little squeeky when she breaths too.... :cry3:

Can you tell if the squeakyness is coming from her nose or her lungs? Either way she needs different meds, but if it's her lungs it's more urgent and warrants stronger meds. Possibly doxy and baytril, if you can convince your vet it's a good choice.

minnow said:
Can you tell if the squeakyness is coming from her nose or her lungs? Either way she needs different meds, but if it's her lungs it's more urgent and warrants stronger meds. Possibly doxy and baytril, if you can convince your vet it's a good choice.

It's stopped now. I have her a small piece of dark chocolate and she's breathing just fine.

I'm so confused as to WHY that vet charged me money for something that is NOT working :(

Back