Omg... my rat keeps hurting himself.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been watching this thread since it began a few months ago and since it started you have been doing as much as you could to help him and he knew it and loved you for it! He wouldn't want you to feel guilty. In time though, your feeling of guilt will pass. I'm sorry for everything that you both went through. I'm so so sorry to hear this, I was really hoping he would pull through. :(

Thanks crumbilina... but it was my fault, for real. I couldn't even tell in here before cause i'm so ashamed of myself.

I shouldn't have brought him with me in such a big journey (that day when we went to the vet, we travelled for several hours). He used to travel with me all the time before all this, so i didn't even think about how fragile he was... And when we were on the vet consult Fivela seemed really stressed. We thought it was because of the cats, he's so afraid even of the smell of them and there were many that day. The vet asked if i wanted to give him some oxigen. I said that would only make him more stressed, and that he'd calm down once he was in the car. But later we realized that it wasn't stress... and that oxigen would actually have saved his life. I made the wrong call, and it killed him. I'll never forgive myself and i miss him so much... more than some people.

Time will help, i know. But right now i just feel guilty. My mistake cost me my most precious baby <3

Aw I know its hard and not much will help but please try not to think that way. You were overwelmed and flustered and I know if it was me I wouldnt be thinking clearly(because of everything that you went through) if it weren't for all your previous actions he would not have lived as long as he did. Other people would not have put the time and effort and would have put him to sleep right away. because of you he got that much longer of a life and a mommy who tryed to give him the world and all of her help. and he knows that. We ALL make mistakes and have screw ups and you dont know FOR SURE if it was the one time exposure and stress that got him sick, it may hae been but there was NO WAY that you could have known that. I bet he's talking to all the other rats at rainbow bridge making them jelous about how much you loved him and how hard you tryed, it just wasn't ment to be. But know for sure, that he is now at peace and is so proud of you for all you did!

:hugs:

Thanks Rattus, for you words... i really appreciate it.
But it's so frustrating, cause we were SO CLOSE!... Some of the wounds were already falling off, new skin growing... we were so close!...

maria-mar said:
I feel so guilty :(

Guilt shouldn't be a word...

Within the scope of life
we are as fragile as a bird
in all endeavors understand,
Guilt shouldn't be a word :love4:

The joy we bring our loved ones
Thank yous may, well not, be heard
With every effort we put forth
Guilt shouldn't be a word :heart:

The unexpected illnesses
our loved ones have endured
But as we strive to do the best
Guilt shouldn't be a word :rose:

Believe in efforts you have made
to find Fivela's cure
devotion, selfless love, was shown
Guilt shouldn't be a word :heart:

In nature's realm
we've come to learn
our course's path is blurred
And still we try to find our way
Guilt shouldn't be a word :love4:

The bonding and devotion
up in Heaven shall be heard
Maria and Fivela live
Guilt shouldn't be a word :rose:

Fivela from the Rainbow Bridge
His love for you has stirred
within his little heart he knows...
Guilt never was... a word. :love6:

Thanks so much Jennifervb... i really don't know what to say. It's so beautiful to know that my boy's charm crossed borders, and got into people's hearts this way... it is trully beautiful :heart:

I am so sorry :hugs: I was always just following the thread more then posting and just saw this.

Rest in peace little man :redbud:

maria-mar you did everything you could for him and he knew it :heart:

Back