No rats, yet

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Etaena

I'm looking into rat information before I adopt any (and before I move somewhere suited to having any) to make sure I can care for them to the best of my ability and just happened to stumble upon this forum ^-^
I'm glad it exists!

Welcome to the forum Etaena. You're going to find lots of good information and will absolutely learn a lot. Do you really have to move somewhere else to have them?:)

Welcome to the forum Etaena. You're going to find lots of good information and will absolutely learn a lot. Do you really have to move somewhere else to have them?:)
Yeah, unfortunately my current place has less than ideal space for a lovely big cage so it would be almost impossible to clean all the time which isn't fair and there are too many holes in the floorboards which can't all be covered as I can't get to some of them, but rats easily could. I can't have the risk of them getting stuck and dying or anything ;-; Also they deserve to have room to run around, so I really just want to do right by them.

Funnily enough, I only came across this forum because I was checking if mulberries were safe for rats to eat XD

Funnily enough, I only came across this forum because I was checking if mulberries were safe for rats to eat XD
Well, thanks to mulberries.😁 I'm pretty sure you'll be a good rat parent. How many do you like?:)

Well, thanks to mulberries.😁 I'm pretty sure you'll be a good rat parent. How many do you like?:)
Indeed! Thank you, I think so too, I'll definitely try my best!
I think I should just get two, for the same reason as I need one, they would need a friend too, don't want them to feel anything like me and two being the minimum is a good place to start :)
Seeing someone else comment about their very bitter rat who hated other rats makes that seem like not the worst idea, but most aren't like that and ones to adopt are usually paired/grouped up already XD

I'm so excited for you to have them pretty soon. Are there some rat characteristics that are of concern to you?

Agree. Is it really that bad in your area?
Only in the past couple of years. Before if it was Autumn we'd know it would be cool-chilly every day and warm but not too hot in Summer and Spring, but now it varies from day to day. Winters seem to last through half of the Spring too and they're worse. It must be more like that anywhere it used to be pretty stable :/ This is London, England, it's not supposed to get too hot or too cold, but climate change has made it so 😅

Back