Newbie to the nth degree...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitchentamer

Hello, my name is Jana and I am new to this board (although I have secretly used it many times to look up info for my ratties I was just to shy to join). I currently have 4 rats, 2 older gentlerats that I fostered for Sedtal Rodent Rescue and recently adopted when I realized no one around here wanted senior citizens, even ones as cute and cuddly as Weyoun and Keevan. I also have 2 young rats, who came to me via Rodentfest and my friend Kadee, one siamese dumbo named Wasabi and one beige hooded named Pikachu (my 11 year old daughter named him, lol). Pikachu was just at the doctor today getting neutered, as he has been very aggressive towards the others, especially Wasabi. I am hoping he chills out a bit, but he may just be a lone rattie. I am new to owning rats (these are my first ever and I am 35, hee hee!), but I have always been an animal lover and owner of a furry horde of various and sundry species. I live near St. Louis, MO, and I hope to make some new rat-owner friends here.

Jana :giggle:

Welcome Jana, we were all newbies at one time. lol Hope you post pics of your sweeties. And Congrats for rescuing them. :thumbup:

Welcome to the Rat Shack Jana!! I love your name, I may have to steal it for one of my future rats. :cheeky:

I bet your Pikachu will cool it once he gets over his hormones, it can take up to 3 months.
How wonderful of you to give your old fosters a forever home!

Welcome! It's never too late to start loving ratties.

Yes, this is a really good site for information of all sorts!

Hi Welcome to the shack Jana. Never to old to start owning ratties. I was older than you were when the first rats came into our house and I have now owned rats for 6 years :happydance:

Back