Newbie needs help!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katey1977

Hello Rats Fans!

I am Kate, new to this site. I have 5 GORGEOUS rats and 2 BEAUTIFUL mice. I love them all dearly and they are my family, along with Stu my other half.
My Jack rat is a rescue rat, he's perticullarly 'under the weather' with what we assume is respitratory disease and he is on baytril prescribed by the vets.

I was hoping you could point us in the right direction on how to get a nebulising chamber, I really think Jack would benifit from having such treatment! He is such a loving happy rat and we'd love him to 'recover'!

Any advice would be greatfully recieved!! :-D

Regards
Kate x

:hello3: and welcome to the shack. :D
I used my son's nebulizer which I purchased at a Shoppers Drug Mart some time ago. There are also some vets I know that carry them but I find the cost is high. Try pharmacy's or maybe even Wal-Mart stores.

Also, if he is on the baytril for a week or two without improvement, you can see if your vet will add doxycycline to his regimen, as both drugs together are often much more effective for URI's. =)

Back