New to the group

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnyhippiechick

Greetings all! I just joined yesterday and I'm still getting oriented to this wonderful group! My name is Donna-Lynne and I live in downtown Toronto with my "tweenage" son and our lone ratty Shadow. Shadow's brothers recently passed (pituitary tumors) and we're eagerly awaiting four new friends from the NB ratty train. :happydance: Shadow is going to be sooooo happy to have some new friends to torment!!! (As much as I try, I'm sure deep down he realizes that I'm not truly another ratty...lol). We've been owned by rats for five years now and my son is really looking forward to training up some new babies. I'm amazed to see how many of you folks are from the Toronto area. I'm currently a member on a few other rat groups but have mostly taken on the role of silent participant. I look forward to taking on a more active role here at the Rat Shack and getting to know you and your fuzzbutts. All the best, Donna-Lynne aka skinnyhippiechick

Hi Donna!!

Hmmm...have we met before? :laugh4:

Welcome to the Shack, we are a friendly bunch and as you found out a LOT of Torontonians and at least GTA-er's LOL.

Do you have any pics of sweet old Shadow?

Thanks for the welcome!!! Lilspaz, I'm sure we've crossed paths before, perhaps on Holistarat? Ratfanclub? I'm still trying to figure out how to get my pictures to load...lol...not the most computer literate, at least when it comes to digital photography. Have to leave off it for now as I have a meeting to chair this evening and still haven't got my paperwork quite sorted. Will have another go at the pics over the next day or so. Best wishes to all, Donna-Lynne :)

Hi There, Donna-Lynne! Looks like you and I are going to be kin! LOL! I'm adopting a couple of the little boys from Cage 6 too!

I was wondering if you could tell me a little more about a Forum you mentioned in one of your posts - Holistarat? Sounds like it would be right up my alley!

Thanks and welcome to the Shack! :welcome2:

WOW!!! Thanks everyone for such a wonderfully warm welcome. :D You are all so creative with your smilies and characters - i really have to become more computer literate - Vixxie, the rat wave is just AWESOME!! Y'all sure know how to make a person feel special. :bow: Lina, greets sister gemini, hope your day is filled with joy! PiedPiper, I can't wait to compare notes on our new boys. I'm in such a state waiting for Saturday!!!!! :panic: BE prepared for LOTS of pics!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
Donna-Lynne

Thanks Joanne! I sent a pM to Pied Piper with the url coz I wasn't sure if it was ok to post public - you have now answered my question...lol. I've found some great info and alot of wise folk on that forum but they can be known to get a little spicy at times :redhot: I always felt it was worth the sporadic flaming in exchange for the knowledge gained...lol.

Just my 2 cents,
Donna-Lynne

That happens a lot on forums Donna-Lynn. One of the main reasons why I started the Rat Shack, I just couldn't take all the flaming on other forums. It seems with some, it's their way or no way. Many people are not willing to learn or at least keep an open mind.

jorats said:
That happens a lot on forums Donna-Lynn. One of the main reasons why I started the Rat Shack, I just couldn't take all the flaming on other forums. It seems with some, it's their way or no way. Many people are not willing to learn or at least keep an open mind.
That's for sure! You should try some of the dog forums I'm on. I'm always sure to don my asbestos undies before I post anything! You never know what kind of reception you're going to get! Rat people are so sweet in comparison. :giggle:

Thanks very much for the link to the holistic rat care site! :wave:

Back