New to RatShack, saying Hello!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Risika57

Hey there. I'm Stephanie from Dayton, OH. I am owned by 5 male rats and 3 cats (one is a female).

I've had a total of 12 rats come into my life and home, but only have 5 now. All the rest are at the bridge.

I am the Dayton Coordinator for the rescue www.rattietattierescue.com. I don't take in any of the rats in my own home currently, but I do runs, transports, supply food/bedding/vet care for the fosters in my area. I'm their main contact for the rescue. I also do a lot of fund raising, and networking.

I love sewing hammocks, and sell them as a fund raiser through the rescue. ^^

I am a photographer, and love my job.

I have a boyfriend of 3 years who I am as in love with him today, as I was 3 years ago.

I am OCD. ADHD, and I have General Anxiety Disorder.

I am peppy, hyper, and can be annoying, but I am loyal, loving, and amazing.

That is all. ^_^

Nice to be here.

Welcome!
It's awesome all the work you do for ratties. And even more awesome that you are able to do what you do with General Anxiety Disorder. I know a few people with it and it can be quite a struggle.

jorats said:
Welcome!
It's awesome all the work you do for ratties. And even more awesome that you are able to do what you do with General Anxiety Disorder. I know a few people with it and it can be quite a struggle.

I have learned my limits over the years, and I'm able to feel an attack coming on for the most part, when I get the anxious feeling, I put down whatever project I'm working on, or if I'm out and about somewhere and something is causing me to have an attack I will walk away to take a breather. As long as I do that at the very begining of the signs, I'm okay. I've had times when I wasn't able to, and would have an attack, which isn't pretty, but its become more rare for that to happen thankfully.

I enjoy helping out the ratties, and I do everything I possibly can without taking them into my own home. My limit on care is one cage worth. I've had a few before, and I just couldn't keep up without feeling panicky.

Back