new rattum tomorrow

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temblabamomo

I started talking last week to a guy on CL about "Moosie", a boy he was trying to rehome because he was lonely. I asked him had he ever considered getting Moosie a friend, and a long series of texts ensued where I explained about rats doing better in groups, intros, neutering, etc. I really thought he might keep the rat and try getting him a buddy but he is texting me today saying he just can't. Apparently he bought the rat for his girlfriend about 2 seconds before they broke up and its just killing him to have the rat around. He's terrified the rat will go as snake food but he also insists on selling the cage, so he's giving me a huge cage,Moosie, and food and bedding for $15. I offered to take Moosie without paying but when he offered that cage for $15 I couldn't resist. Hopefully picking him up tomorrow..

I suppose the only positive thing about losing both my alphas in 2 days is that I now have additional funds and time for newcomers. I just didn't realize I might have a newbie so soon.

Back