New rat mum and new here

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissy

Howdy peeps,

I've already posted in the Behaviour forum about my hormonal bitey rat, and everyone has been so lovely, but I thought I'd introduce myself properly!

I'm Lissy and I'm from the UK (any other UK people here?!) and my partner Ben and I brought home our first ever two ratties a couple of weeks ago, Oogie and Finkel.

Finkel

Oogie

We were told by the breeder that they were 8 weeks when we got them, 10 weeks now, but we're not actually sure anymore...We're having to deal with some sudden hormonal issues with Finkel, who has started biting quite aggressively and hunting out skin, hence why we think they, or even just him, might actually be a bit older (the breeder turned out to be not someone I want any more dealings with sadly) but we're on our way for a neuter very soon, and I'm hoping to have my cuddly ratties back after a few weeks!

Nice to meet you all...*wave* :)

Greetings from across the pond! Welcome to the Shack - it is a great resource and there are hundreds if not thousands of rats worth of experience to draw from.
I hope you have your snuggly boy back soon. :)

Back