New intro not going well

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Littlefizz

I have three females in my two story fn and I'm trying to add a fourth female, but it' not going well. I took them all the the vets and stopped at my parents house for a few hours on my way back home. But during the few hours I had them all together in the spare cage I have at my rents house and they got along famously! Snuggling and everything, but when I have them out on my bed or couch Penny (the roomies rat) Gets really tense around my rats, her tail flickers and she somewhat stocks my rats, then she puts her front paws on their backs and her tail flickers... Then they'll sniff or try to groom her and she'll freak out and start a brawl. Penny had lived by herself almost her entire life, and she's been neglected as well. I just don't see why they were fine and now she is all "ohhh scary rats!" Any insight? Has she forgotten how to interact with rats? :(

She's a very territorial girl. She's fine when it's a new situation but not ok when it's what she knows belongs to her right?
You'll have to keep at it and it might take lots of patience and time but my guess is that eventually she will get along with them. Do you have them living really close to each other? Also, since everything was fine in a new place, keep doing that, that might force her to bond with the other three girls.

jorats said:
She's a very territorial girl. She's fine when it's a new situation but not ok when it's what she knows belongs to her right?
You'll have to keep at it and it might take lots of patience and time but my guess is that eventually she will get along with them. Do you have them living really close to each other? Also, since everything was fine in a new place, keep doing that, that might force her to bond with the other three girls.

If anything my bed and the couch belong to the other girls, not her. That's why i don't get it? And it seems like she is challenging Suki he dominant female... Suki could definitely hurt Penny. They do live close, We had their cages beside each other then We moved her to the bottom of the FN after they had that good interaction at my rents house. Should we move her back to her old cage? I'll make sure I bring them all t the rents house next time.

Back