New Girls

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdventureRats

Sadly during the Holidays my sweet sweet licky girl Searchlight died suddenly one night. It broke my heart and her sister Creamies heart. I gave Creamie sometime to grieve and went on Tuesday and picked up 3 girls that were listed on Craigslist.

Their cage was such a sad sight and they were never held or let out to play. despite this fact they are so super sweet and actually in good health. No sneezing, shining coats and the only issue I see is that their diets has NOT been good. They have very small hard poops. The people gave me their food and it's a crap seed mix of course.

I guess these girls are left over from the breeding they were doing for their snakes :gaah:

I decided to do intros right away and it went GREAT. Creamie was actually pretty submissive which I was surprised about because shes a boxing champ!!! Her and Searchlight had some of the funniest, loudest boxing matches I have ever seen.

So now onto what you all really want PICTURES!!! Oh and all but 1 of the girls needs new names. I usually don't like to do that but just can NOT keep these names.

Being submissive
Picture094.jpg

This is Drama Queen...any new name suggestions
Picture096.jpg

Charlotte - she gets to keep her name - isn't she pretty
Picture098.jpg

Charlotte and "the rat in the hat" - need name suggestions - love her mask
Picture100.jpg

Charlotte again, her fur is soooo shiny and her tail is also very dark and almost no white on her belly. A very true aguti!!
Picture103.jpg

Creamie and Charlotte
Picture108.jpg

All four on the love seat
Picture105.jpg

The 3 new girls where so adventurous and I could tell they where so happy to be out and exploring. They climbed all over me and wouldn't sit still. Now they need to understand that leaving 500 poops isn't going to fly. It took me forever to clean them all up.

There where a few UFC matches once in the cage but they worked it out and all girls where fine and happy when I got up this morning!!!

Oh and Charlotte is the Mom to the other girls and is a year old and her girls are about 6 months.

How absolutely wonderful!! Another angel rescuing rats in need. I'm so sorry for your loss of Searchlight but she paved the way for you to bring in three rats in need of a good home.
They are adorable. I sure do understand the need for a name change. lol

Good job Heather! Once I saw the picture of these girls in THAT cage I knew you would go get them. They are lucky little rattie ladies. Rats still amaze me with their willingness to forgive and forget. I could NEVER be a rat. Seems like no matter what we (people) put them through they can always come around and teach us a lesson in forgiveness. CongRATS on the rats! To both you and the girls.
By the way, the one little masked girl looks just like one of my first rats Kiera, do you remember her?
Scritches to the crew and good job on the intros....(you were lucky!)

anyrat said:
Good job Heather! Once I saw the picture of these girls in THAT cage I knew you would go get them. They are lucky little rattie ladies. Rats still amaze me with their willingness to forgive and forget. I could NEVER be a rat. Seems like no matter what we (people) put them through they can always come around and teach us a lesson in forgiveness. CongRATS on the rats! To both you and the girls.
By the way, the one little masked girl looks just like one of my first rats Kiera, do you remember her?
Scritches to the crew and good job on the intros....(you were lucky!)

Hey Therese, so glad you joined!!!

I think she looks just like Kiera, maybe that should be her name. In honor of your first rat you rescued from...dare I say it...your daughters dungeon of a room.

Thanks guys, I just can't wait to get home and see if they are sleeping together. I think Creamie took refuge in her hammock last night as she was the only one in there and the other girls have NEVER even seen one. So it might take a while for them to use it.

:hug4:

Call her Bee..... kinda linked, drama queen, queen bee, Bee!.

They're all totally gorgeous, and so glad they're with you, creamie's being good taking them in so quickly too!

Not sure of a name for the Rat In A Mask... RIAM? or Bandit!

Here are some of my future names i want to use someday... feel free if u want to steal.

Bumf, Mimic, Acapulco, Sparrow, Wren, Titbit, Tickity (as in tickityboo).. erm can't remember any more right now x

EDIT: oops! rat in the hat, not mask... :D

Back