New Death, New Cage, New Rats, New Disease, New Accident

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revolution is the best because all you need is one treatment and your done. Ivermectin can be given via a shot or oral. I think it's best oral because it can burn the skin at the injection site but it really boils down to what the vet is comfortable with.
I wouldn't use soap on the babies... It will leave a residue but the babies should take care of that soon.

lindsayfawn said:
I seriously hope that she is not still breeding because she is the person we took our girls to and she told me that the litter that was on the way, that is now born, was her last and she was only going to be doing rescues. She adopted out 6 of the 8 of our girls we took to her and kept two girls for her because she said she fell in love with them. If I find out she breeds them I am going to be severly p!$$ed.

She had posted on kijiji that she had 3 pregnant girls and was expecting three litters.

I hope she stops breeding too ...
she has really been cranking them out for some time.

Do't worry SQ and Linds, I talked to her. :) She's quite comprehensive and willing to learn. Felt horrible after I told her about the baby age thingy.

Enyways, I thought about it and before doing it, Imma ask what you think about it. Now, IF im nor mistakening, olive oil kill adult lice... right? So, if I keep the olive oil on the rats, the adult will die suffocated in a horrible dath *MWAHAHAH* and if I don't wash it off, when the eggs will hatch, the new adult will die and eventually, they will all be dead. Is that all correct? XD

Cuz I really wanna help Azury, Cookie and the babies. And, I'm moving to Dieppe after my graduation (the 19th of june) so i'll be there between the 21 and the 23 I imagine. By the meantime, until I can go to the vet again, I wanna try to get rid of these lices on my own. :rant:

Hhahahaa :joy:

Die, lice! *Gets a bazooka out* It's full of olive oil. :doh:

I had a hell of a hardtime putting the oil on Azury. Poor baby was in heat, kept spinning away, thinking it was a male mounting her.

Me : No, no, no! Stop! I'm trying to put some olive oil on your lower back, you dummie!

And her tail caused 4 huge olive oil mess too. :doh:

I think you need to treat them with olive oil rub down and keep an eye on the situation.
Treat again when you see more bugs.
I don't think keeping them coated in olive oil for a few weeks is a good idea, even if it were possible.

The olive oil will slowly get groomed away, and rubbed off with day to day handling and whatnot, so you'll need to re-treat.

Back