New Baby Boys

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good Karma

Hey Everyone,

By have i been busy lately. I have been posting about a friend of mine who had a whole bunch of rats on her hands. I visited yesterday to take pictures and get info to post and i of course did not come home empty handed (husband not impressed)!

These boys are little sweeties, about 2.5 months. One is a black dumbo rex (double rex). I fell in love with him right away. And i didn't want him to be alone in the baby cage so i took another boy, a Siamese (i think?). I don't have names for them yet.

IMG_9119.jpg

IMG_9118.jpg

IMG_9095.jpg

As you can see the black boy's coat is a mess - super dandruff! Any ideas on stuff i could give him to improve his coat?

Also, i am feeding oxbow which is for adult rats. What food should i get for these babies?

Tara

CongRATS!! They are super cute.
The little black boy doesn't look double rex but a velveteen. Once he starts to clean himself, he'll take care of his dandruff.
At his age, he can eat Oxbow, in fact, I feed all my rats, no matter the age the Oxbow and the HT 2014.

:thud:

I always wondered what would happen if I ever saw a black dumbo rex! Now I know that it makes me all swoony over the cuteness! Best keep the ladies at bay, he looks like a real heart-breaker! :bliss: And your Siamese boy! My goodness!! He is a handsome little guy as well! I bet your on cloud nine right now, huh?!

Oh wow, how bootiful!! They're so sweet!! I love the expression on rex's face next to the wheel.... "DO YOU MIND!!???? I'm pushin out raisins here!!" And I can't believe I'm going to say this, but even his little poops are cute :)

starfoot said:
Oh wow, how bootiful!! They're so sweet!! I love the expression on rex's face next to the wheel.... "DO YOU MIND!!???? I'm pushin out raisins here!!" And I can't believe I'm going to say this, but even his little poops are cute :)

:laugh4: Oh my gosh I hadda go back and look! But its true! :poop:
They are both amazing though!

Oh wow, how bootiful!! They're so sweet!! I love the expression on rex's face next to the wheel.... "DO YOU MIND!!???? I'm pushin out raisins here!!" And I can't believe I'm going to say this, but even his little poops are cute Smile

Laugh 4 Oh my gosh I hadda go back and look! But its true! Poop
They are both amazing though!

I went back and looked too! I didn't realize he was pooping when i took the picture! hehehe

:wow2: what cutie pies, love them both, I can see why you took the lil black dumb he is so arned neat & the siamese is a doll, good choices, we will need updates with piccies often! :p

Back