Need to vent a little..

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mia9_28

Ugh! Can these past days get any worse??? :gaah:

Still no call from my "first job". I have two jobs and my first job has been saying for over a month now that work is going to start again within the "next couple of days"!

Toby got sick, as many of you know, and she passed away when I rushed her to the vet at 8am through a storm the next day. Just that was $130 right there, and even then, the vet charged me half price for the visit, as she must have felt bad about not being able to save her. But I'm not complaining about that! I would have paid more if I had to... I had brought about almost $300 to pay for anything that had to be given to her. She passed away, but I didn't care about the money, and I still don't.

Then, I had to go to work last night (well this morning), like every other night. My girlfriend and I deliver newspaper and we work from 3AM to 6-7AM, depending on the night. I was in a rush as we were running late... and I pulled into this LONG driveway... that hadn't been plowed since the storm. I didn't have the time to realize this before it was too late. Then we got stuck. We managed to get it out after much spinning and digging. Then I stated smelling a burning smell and I just assumed it was my tires... until I see my engine heat go in the red. I stopped the car, called a towing... $120 later in towing fees, I'm waiting on the garage to tell me what broke.. maybe the fan or radiator. I'm broke now. I have $15 left. :(
I don't even know if I'll be able to work tonight cause of the car.. plus I gotta pay the guy who is doing the rest of my newspaper run that I didn't get to finish. If I can't work tonight, I'll have to pay someone to do it.

I hope it gets better soon... I thought we were doing better financially.. which we were... but now this is just a big turnover. :(

I just needed to vent.. which I don't usually need to... I wish I could cuddle with Toby right now. :sad3:

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

oh boy what a terrible pile up of awful things to have happen, one right after the other!
so sorry about Toby! well, at least your car got you to the vet, before it started having trouble......not much consolation I'm sure. Just trying to find any tiny bright spot to try to help you feel better.

hope things turn back around fast for you, and vent all you want! it helps sometimes to just get it off your chest :hugs:

Dang that sucks...

But ya at least the car did the job before going poof on you. Still though the rest, meh, I can't blame you for venting. You let it out, just let it out! I hope things will get better for you :hugs:

It sucks and it seems to happen at the worst times. Maybe all you need to do is change the thermostat on your car. That's what happened to us a long time ago. It was an easy cheap fix. I hope it's the same for you.

I'm so sorry. I hope things get better soon. It always seems like everything goes wrong at once. But that just means you'll be getting all of that crap out of the way at once.

And the results are in..... my fan engine burned out and needs replacing. $130 + labor + taxes. Her said it'll be about $200.
This is how you spend $320 on a car within 9 hours. :gaah:

You need a hug, a warm bath and ice cream with chocolate syrup and whip cream on top, hold the cherry :hugs:

So sorry about all this. Especially since you've lost Toby. :hugs: I've just been through something similar - a lot of stress and then losing someone close (that someone was Charlotte, my most special rat). But they say that we're only given as much as we can cope with. Which means that you are probably stronger than you think. :hugs:

Back