Need some advice with a PT

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktina

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Emma hasa PT. :( She's been on Prednisone and Baytril for 6 days now and I've seen very little improvment. She still has a head tilt and is wobbly. She is skinny, but she will eat, even solid foods.

I've started letting her out to get some exercise and she loves it! She will walk and explore but she is very fragile and I don't think my girls would take pity on her.

Do you think she could have a somewhat comfortable few weeks even with a PT? How long do you think she has before it takes over? I mean, despite the obvious, I don't think she's giving up as her hopes seem high. She grooms, climbs into her hammock, explores, etc.

Do you think it'd be ok to put her sister in her cage with her? The cage is small, but her sister is old as well and not as active. I don't want Emma to be lonely. I have been letting her and her sister explore together and they really don't pay mind to each other. The only thing I'm worried about is Emma not getting enough food...

My experience with PT seems to all progress at different speeds. Some rats can last a long time and this was all without any meds. So since she's on pred, she could be ok for a while yet. Putting her in a cage with her sister is a good idea, maybe allowing her sister to go back to the main cage several times a day so she doesn't "forget" her cagemates. Make sure that little Emma gets her food when sis is gone back to the main cage.

Back