My rat .. BORED?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilovemyrats

Well i am starting to think my rat peanut is bored with me and my other rat and the habbitat and enviorment. it seems to just wanna be held very second i hold them 2 hors a day when i feed them the other one bolts up gets food and goes in its igloo... But Peanut look at the food tips the bowl over and hold on the cage looking at me really cutely..... Do you know why its doing this is it bored? Please help! :stickpoke:

This really isn't a diet question....please post your questions in the appropriate places.

Try giving her things to play with.....toilet paper rolls, cat balls etc. Also she probably just likes to be with you

Some rats love their food and is all important while the other would prefer to see their human. I'm guessing Peanut wants to spend more time playing outside of her cage playing with you.

I agree with jorats..... I take mine out atleast once a day, sometime twice for some outside cage time... 10, to 30 minutes at a time. It gives them a break, lets them explore and it's exercise for them.. All 3 of my rats love it. and now that there is 16 bubs.... It's going to be even more fun... I set up and huge play area for them with toys, treats, and places to climb in and out of... They love it.... :)
This is one of the pics I took of a bub when they were in a play area..

Just be creative.... :) :hugs:

I agree. Maybe you could make one room rat-proof or buy or make a big play pen and set it up with lots of toys and change them frequently so they always have something new to explore.

donnamaz said:
I agree with jorats..... I take mine out atleast once a day, sometime twice for some outside cage time... 10, to 30 minutes at a time. It gives them a break, lets them explore and it's exercise for them.. All 3 of my rats love it. and now that there is 16 bubs.... It's going to be even more fun... I set up and huge play area for them with toys, treats, and places to climb in and out of... They love it.... :)
This is one of the pics I took of a bub when they were in a play area..

Just be creative.... :) :hugs:

hehe donn that image of the plane looks like your photo too of Stuart :wink2:

Back