My rat ate my homework!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruxxy

My girl Vesper has been escaping from the FN for the last few days despite my efforts to seal of her escape routes. Last night she got out but she is well behaved(or so I thought) so I just let her do her own thing while I was busy in the other room. About an hour later I came back and she looked as happy as ever, but I decided to put her back into her cage to let her eat/drink and see her buddies. Anyways later on when I was getting into bed I noticed there were bits of paper scattered around the floor and on my bed. I lifted up my blankets and discovered a rat nest made out of my homework!!!!!(and a rotting piece of some kind of food that must have been "in storage" for at least a month). She must have been working on that nest of hers the entire time she was running around! I've been letting her run around for the last few days so I'm scared to discover the other things she has been up to. :shock:

HAHAHAHA...I am trying to decide whether I should take out the legs frame off of my bed so that it rests on the floor...No ratty stashes any more LOL

Silly wee Vesper...she's sure going to gnash those teeth once you manage to finally keep her locked up. ;)

bruxxy said:
My girl Vesper has been escaping from the FN for the last few days despite my efforts to seal of her escape routes. Last night she got out but she is well behaved(or so I thought) so I just let her do her own thing while I was busy in the other room. About an hour later I came back and she looked as happy as ever, but I decided to put her back into her cage to let her eat/drink and see her buddies. Anyways later on when I was getting into bed I noticed there were bits of paper scattered around the floor and on my bed. I lifted up my blankets and discovered a rat nest made out of my homework!!!!!(and a rotting piece of some kind of food that must have been "in storage" for at least a month). She must have been working on that nest of hers the entire time she was running around! I've been letting her run around for the last few days so I'm scared to discover the other things she has been up to. :shock:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that will be one intelligent little rat gal!!! LMAO!!!!

I can just imagine the teacher's reaction... "I'm sorry Ms. xyz but the rat ate my homework" :laugh4:

Keep an eye on your carpeting, pillowcases, sheets, walls and plants. Rats will try anything once and if they like it... THEY WILL CONTINUE TO "TRY" IT!!!!

Ben and Basil decided that it was great fun to peel the paint right up off of the fireplace hearth and Ben's preference for my plush carpet pyle has made it necessary to begin saving for my hardwood floors. :)

I have baskets in my living room which are purely for the rats. They contain pieces of material, towels, paper bags, paper towels and chew toys for the boys to burrow into and shred.

The bags always manage to find their way under my couch where Basil and Ben powergroom each other. I block off access to my kitchen, bathroom and bedroom using a wooden board.

Get your cables and power cords up out of their reach if you haven't already! Basil chewed right through my telephone power cord and I am still amazed that he didn't get his little @$$ fried. He must have had a real time getting that cable out from it's "secure" place! (and here I thought I was being so clever! :laugh4:

One thing is for certain... you will never be bored with your rats. ;)

Back