my little Wynter

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
January 26 was cold, but possibly the best day of my life. It was the day my baby boy Wynter came into my life. I had just moved to Las Vegas and needed a pet to keep me company. So I went out with my friends to a local pet store. I was looking at the baby rats, and I was originally going to buy a cinnamon colored female rat, when my friend's twin sister showed me an adorable male rat.
I immediately fell in love with the little guy, and bought him and brought him home. However, Scott, who owned a snake, thought I had gotten him to feed to the snake. I protectively covered my new baby, stating that he was a pet, not food. Wynter and I have been together ever since, even through moving back to San Diego after a painful breakup.
Having him is the best therapy I could ask for.

winter.jpg

Aw that's a great story. Yeah definately get him a buddy, he'll thank you for it but also not ignore you.

I LOVE how you spelled him name. I like to take common names and give them a twist. My dogs name is Dazie (Daisy).

He is very cute and I agree he needs a friend.

And rats really do make a horrible day seem wonderful with their love.

Melissa's ZOO said:
I LOVE how you spelled him name.

thank you ^^ I was thinking about it and I decided to name him Wynter because of how cold it was when we met for the first time. Oh how I loved him from the very first minute <3 he's such a sweet little guy too, the only time he squeaks is when he's getting a bath. But I thought maybe I'll get hi a friend the next opportunity that I get, along with a new cage for him.

Back