~My Lap Dog ~Ace~

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smalltowngirl

:heart: I didn't want to high jack Randomrat's thread(sorry about that~I get chatty over my babies and don't think about manners sometimes) so I started our own. This is my 85 pound boy that I love very very much! (This picture was taken outside last spring) I have lived with dogs my whole life.(Except for the 3 yrs. between this dog and my last German Shepherd MAX RIP)It took me that long to be ready for another dog. :( I still think about our memories......he was the smartest dog I had every known. Anyway......German Shepherds are my favorite breed and I will have at least one in my life forever. :nod: I was given my first pup(Border Collie)at 2 months old and he grew up with me and various other furry/scaly/feathers family members on a small farm.

What a handsome dog and your old dog Max sounded like a once in a lifetime friend.....
I love all dogs but was never attracted really to GSD's. Until this beautiful young male came to our shelter. He fell in love with me and I with him. If I could have i would have adopted him for myself....but my life did not fit a dog of his activity and intelligence at the time. I found him a wonderful home.

here is a picture of Gunner....on one of his day out of the shelter trips with me and my dog
GunnerBeach097.jpg

GSDs are my most favorite breed. We had one when I was younger... Beautiful, intelligent and loyal dogs.
Your sweeties are just gorgeous.

Ace has been raised since day one of his life with a lot of kids of different ages around him. I watch daycare kids in our home and he was born as a house dog into a family that had 5 kids. I have had him since he was 9 weeks old. I like having German Shepherds for many reasons but their ability to be taught just about anything and family loyalty are a couple of the top reasons for sure. He makes me feel safe and happy even on my bad days....He thinks he is a human toddler because that is how he has been raised.(My baby girl was 1 and 1/2 when we brought him home)I tell him all the time other GSD's would make fun of him if they only knew he is a poodle trapped in a GSD body.(Not saying anything bad about poodles but they are smart,pretty,lap dogs) :D

dreamwarrior said:
his eyes are so bright and happy, he is well loved

LOL People tell me all the time that when they pass they wanta come back as one of my critters! He is by my side 24/7 and yes we all love him VERY much!

Back