My horrible nightmare

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tou_

I'm not really sure if this is the exact spot to put this, but I feel i could also get everyones thoughts on the situation.

So lastnight when i took my two girlies out to play as I normally do, my one baby Toby was fine, and then she wasnt.

She is always thwe first one to comeout of the little house and run around, my other girl, Rosi is always been alittle more timid and tends to not come out of their house until about half way through play time. Anyways, so Toby came out and she ran into this giant gift bag I have for the two of them to play in, she was in there for a really long time and usually shes quite hyper so i peaked in and she was laying sort of funny, it got me worried but then she started to get up and move around and i just figured she was being the weird little rattr she is and laying down funny. Then she came out.

When she came out it was awful, she could barely move her back legs, she was moking so strangly like she was half paralized, almost dragging them. I instantly got my mom and showed her,neither of us had seen her or Rosi move like that before. My mom went to look u online what it could be while i stayed with her. We kind of came to the conclusion she had a stroke.. itwas horrible, i cried for hours and hours, i thought i was going to lose her forever, i stayed with her all night long and ended up sleeping on a bench that was in my computer room (Where my rattie girls house is). Toby eventually curled up and fell asleep in her house, I just stayed in there all night long and played with her sister Rosi.

Around 4 am my mom woke me up and said Toby was awake and was eating, and washing herself, and drinking.. and most importantly, walking normal again. It was like some kind of crazy mirical. I fell back asleep and wokeup around 7 am and Toby was awake and walking around hwer house, i took her out for a bit on my lap, she was walking fine..but when i picked her up her back legs felt weak.. it was so strange.

I've just let her rest all day, her sister has been taking care of her, washing her etc, and she seems alright, shes been eating and drinking normally. I still have no idea what happend, if she did or didnt have a stroke. My sister said there is this thing that humans and animals get which is basically a temporary peralisis, which may have been what happend to her.

All I know is it was one of themost heatbreaking experiences of my llife, thinking I was loosing her. She got a second chance and shes recovering, i'm keeping close watch of her and can only hope she gets fully better.

I just felt the need to share this story, I know its not really written out in themost descriptive mannor, but just thinking back makes me very emotional and all over the place.

So sorry you had to go through that. *Hugs*, must have been so terrifying.

I don't have any idea to what might have happened to her. Sorry I'm not much help

i'm so glad that she bounced back. perhaps it was a stroke or maybe an epileptic episode? i'm kinda grasping here too... i hope she makes a full recovery and that it was a one time thing.

Is she dragging her legs straight behind her, or kinda to the side? Purely anecdotal, but my Stephi was doing that sort of thing with her legs to the side recently, and it turned out to be because she was having severe abdominal pain.

I was going to mention the abdominal pain... they stretch and walk weird when, almost sideways.
I hope she continues to improve.

Back