My girls. *Pic Heavy*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lithade72

Well, there's a group photo in the into section, but here's some more "up close and personal" pics with my babies.

Before viewing these, I feel the need to explain where they are set. We don't have a whole lot of space in our apartment, but I knew the girls still needed some out of cage play time. So, we just so happened to have an awesome walk in closet we transformed the floor got into our rat play area.

This is where the girls call home. Looks a bit bare, but I'm still working on getting them some more hammocks and such, and there are hidey spots and the litter box at the bottom. (the view is blocked by a large fleece hammock that covers the majority of the cage. The shelves are wood, as this was meant to be a chinchilla cage, but I'm sure you all know how hard keeping wooden shelves are... I lined mine with linoleum. Much easier to clean off, but the girls have trouble keeping a grip, so they slide off regularly, caught by the large hammock.
Girls001-1.jpg

Rosie trying to seal the camera. They love strings!
work007.jpg

Baby pic of Bear and Penny. :heart:
babies050.jpg

Bear enjoying a grape. Yum!
Girls005-1.jpg

Purple Penny and pink Flower. I used Crayola non-toxic markers recently to tell the PEW girls apart easier.

Girls003-1.jpg

From top to bottom: Pancake, Rosie, and my little green striped Lena.
Girls004-1.jpg

Lena sleeping. :heart:
Girls002-1.jpg

Flower checking out a shoe.
work045.jpg

Little Pancake thinking about jumping up onto our hanging clothes.
work067.jpg

Wow.... I didn't intend to put up this many,... but hopefully it's cool. Thanks for looking everyone!

Of course its cool. Can't speak for everyone but I love looking at everyones rattie pictures. Sleeping Lina is good but penny sized penny is amazing. Beautiful family. :D

it doesn't even seem like that many! don't be sorry, i've posted more on a thread before. :giggle:

they're all beautiful! when i had two baby boy PEWS, i cut a little bit of hair off of one of their rearends so i could tell them apart. but as you spend more and more time, you learn their personalities, and it's much easier. no one could tell them apart, but my boyfriend and i.

Thanks for the reassurance on the amount of pics.

As for my PEWs, I can tell them apart fine. It's just when they're sleeping in the cage and I don't want to wake them, I like to see who's cuddling with who. :heart:
They sure do have their own personalities! Lena is my big cuddly, grooming girl, where as Penny is the shy one, and Flower is more of a licker. :wink2:
My other three girls are all more adventurous. They would rather be playing instead of cuddle with mom. :roll:

Back