My Foster Baby Lenard RIP Sweet Boy

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dahlas

I foster a lot of baby animals for the shelter I work for......I recently fostered a litter of kittens who were in the worst shape I had ever seen....VERY thin, scared etc...... they all became very friendly and fat and playful in no time at all.....except Lenard. Lenard is very friendly and sweet...he loves to cuddle and purrs and soon as he sees you but despite all my best efforts he doesn't grow and is very quiet......I took Lenard to the vet and he has something wrong with his liver......The vet put him on antibiotics hoping it is an infection of the liver but she feels it is probably a congential defect........ :sad3:
If the antibiotics doesn't help then poor little Lenard will die.....
All of his brothers and sisters have been adopted. Lenard will be staying with me until either he makes a full recovery and can be adopted to a great home or until he has to be euthanized...

This is Lenard and my dog Benny. Benny is a great foster "mom"
DSCF9497.jpg

DSCF9506.jpg

DSCF9511.jpg

DSCF9514.jpg

Mt sweet little boy died in my arms about an hour ago........I was going to have him euthanized tomorrow....he was not responding to meds.....but still eating and purring...it was just like he was a clock winding down......

Ugh i went cold everywhere when i saw this. So sorry Dahlas. You gave him everything you could

I hope you, your family and Benny will be ok

Im so sorry for the news...as I was posting my thread last night I just read this story...I was hopeful since there was no other word all was going well. Sorry for your loss....but you can have comfort in knowing his short little life on earth here was filled with love from you where as alot of people wouldnt of given the little guy a chance. Thoughts are with you. Paula

Back