My FN liners arrived!! Update: Photos of decorated cages

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

When I got the notice that my big package had arrived at the post office, I probably could have used some panty liners.... was about to pee my pants with excitement! :joy:

I blew all my birthday money, and then some, ordering cage liners and hammocks from the talented people on this Forum.

Tonight's package was from Javakittie. BEAUTIFUL!! :wow2: FN liners & hammocks to die for. Tonight was my work-late night, so I got home late and only had time to do up one of the cages. Corrie's daughters are living in luxury tonight.... jazzy colours!

Photos to follow tomorrow.

:lol: Oh my goodness...that was funny....If you ever order a huge new cage or something really big we will have to get you some depends...panty liners might not cut it :lol:
Can't wait to see all the new goodies....

Woot! I just checked the tracking this morning and was going to email you to make sure you got the notice. Yay! I hope all of the kiddos enjoy all of their New Stuff!

I'm so glad everything got up there okay. For some reason I have images of Customs having wild parties with the things I send up there. Don't ask me why..

:clapping:

Well, your imaginings are not so far fetched. The postal outlet has lost a couple of my parcels in the last couple of months. One they found, the other is ????

When I picked up the parcel, the guy commented on how they'd almost sent it home with the wrong person! He was amused, I was horrified. If someone took it home and didn't want the contents, would they bother to bring back the box?

As for Customs, they often keep stuff forever.

I wouldn't find that very amusing either....I hope you get all your things, can't wait to see them...I went shopping today and found some new treasures...Can't wait to clean out the cage and organize everything again just so I can add their new things.......

Well, I finally finished decorating the cages and taking some photos of cages, girls, and hammocks. Love the colours!! 8) The doubled fleece is so thick and soft that I would gladly crawl in and have a nap myself. :sleepy2:

Another thing that took me so long tonight is that Photobucket looked as if it would not leave my photos upright. I had rotated them with my Olympus software, but that didn't help. So I was going to tell you all to turn your heads to the right..... :roll: but they came out OK on the thread. :?: :?:

Here is the very jazzy cage decorated for Stella, Georgie, Charlene, Janie & Maude:

StellacageWOW.jpg

Here are the girls in their Martha Stew-rat cage:

JanieMaudeBerkschecknewdecor.jpg

Maude loves the new double-decker hammock ( I think that's Stella's tail sticking up beside Maude's head):

Maudelovesnewhammock.jpg

Here is the way I decorated Corrie's daughters' cage:

Corriegirlsdecorated.jpg

Here are the girls checking it out:

Corriegirlscheckoutnewdecor.jpg

Here is my former foster girl, Robyn (Zot), enjoying her new tube hammock:

RobynZotlikesnewtubehammock.jpg

So, as you can imagine, I am thrilled. I just put on my sunglasses when I walk into the room. :lol:

Wow, that looks amazing! I love the colours too and the double deckers... Sweet!

Same here... when a package arrives, I'm so excited but only if it's for rats though. lol

Wow that looks amazing!!!

Lucky ratties!! You should have a small box of sunglasses outside the door so you don't forget. :) I am sure your eyes will adjust over time though. :lol:

Looks wonderful :thumbup:

WOW, I LOVE the liners in the first, cage I still have mine from Java but I am so jonesin for some new now that I see yours. PAYDAY needs to hurry and get here. Double Deckers to I so need new hammies.

What kind are the shelf liners, are they the pillow kind or how are they attached?

Woo! I can't wait for my liners to get here! (within 5-9 business days, now)

I am planning on copying the pattern with some of my newly-acquired sewing skill (to be acquired at sewing class tonight and during the next 6 Thursdays)... so I can have enough liners to get me through a week and a half. Can't wait!

Melissa, my shelf liners are attached with elastics at the four corners. That keeps the corners of the shelf covered as well. So far, nobody is chewing the fleece!!

The pan liners are tucked in, but I also have the option of using the velcro to secure them even moreso.

Stella's gang are burrowers; they tunnel underneath the fleece. I doubt that there is any way to stop them, because they can always find a way to get under. I am hoping that they will love the soft fleece so much that they learn to prefer it to the cold hard shelf!

All the attachments work on both sides, so that I can reverse the liners for variety.

Phoe is like Stella's gang - she burrows...and taught my old girls to do it too. :wallbang:

It looks soooo great. I love all the colour!

Back