My first ever hammockses

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moon

I always wanted to purchase some hammocks. I look at the websites regularly, to see if any fabrics catch my eye.

One finally did.

randomnov2007001.jpg

My first ever bought hammocks, thanks be to Dearpie! I collect pandas, and this fabric was just so different. So I got a variety of hammock styles to try out.

I also have a matching drawstring bag.. so cute.
randomnov2007005.jpg

I just got them yesterday, I can't WAIT to clean their cage and get the hammockses in there!

Emma thinks the bag is mighty fine. She's so cute poking her nose out the mesh.

Maeby and Lucille 2 (both of whom are the ones I'd REALLY want to use it with) both get clausterphobic in it :roll: So for them I've added it as an outtime accessory, propped open a bit to use as a cave. I'm thinking they might be a little more accepting of it if they get their scent in it a bit.

Do Maeby and Lucille do ok in the bag if it's not closed, just leaving the top open? It's a good idea to let them play in it at their leisure, though, so they realize it's a good place to be. :)

Any pics of the nose poking out of the mesh? Hehee That sounds adorable...until she chews it!! :lol:

Going in the bag open, if they're near me, means they end up flying on to my shoulder. I tried it only once, and they were both pretty freaked so I went right to making it an outtime prop. After doing that a bit we'll try again. They are too active to be consistent shoulder riders, Lucille is careless and tends to lose her footing :roll: so I'm hoping to have the bag as an option when I need to carry them around for longer periods, or when I'm moving out-time areas. We'll get there.

I'll see if I can get a pic of Emma's nose in the mesh. As I said, she totally loves the bag.

You will LOVE your hammocks! They last really well, too. Dearpie, your hammocks are made SO well.

I still have a Dearpie pocket hammock, well chewed but useable that I got for my birthday almost a year and a half ago!

Hey Dearpie! Nice to see you around here! Its Ratinterrupted's aunt!
I still have one of Dearpies hammocks from a ratfest two years ago in San Diego! The inside is missing now, but it is still being used! Its one made out of Sushi pattern!
I love it. If you ever find that fabric again let me know!

The girls finally figured out that the bag is good when it's closed, too! So, success all around!!

The deluxe corner pocket hammock is a huge hit, Emma refuses to leave it when it's in there, LOL

Yo Mindy! :) Ahhh yes, that sushi fabric was wonderful! I still have a LITTLE bit, but not much to make a pocket hammock. Something like a small flat hammock, though! I've searched high and low for that stuff, as EVERYONE loved it ... At least you have that part of the hammie left! Very nice of your ratties! :)

moon said:
The girls finally figured out that the bag is good when it's closed, too! So, success all around!!

The deluxe corner pocket hammock is a huge hit, Emma refuses to leave it when it's in there, LOL

How's the mesh holding up on the bag? Have they chewed on it yet?

I'm glad they girls are enjoying their new furniture! Those deluxe corners are turning out to be rather nice! Rats that have them love 'em! ;)

Hey Jill are you making pouches? I have to try one out! I will b venturing your direction soon to see what you have in your hammock store!
Always nice to have some custom hammocks for the non chewers, (is there such a thing?) Maybe you can make a mini hammock for the dwarfs? LOL
Good to type atcha!

Hooray for non-chewers!! Or at least no major damage. :)

Yep, I'm still making pouches, both regular bonding pouches and now the new drawstring with or without mesh. They're up on my webpage, so you can just click on my signature to go to it! The mesh comes in a limited number of colors like red, purple and the multi-color that I put on Moon's bag. (I could NOT believe I had that color to match exactly!!) There are a couple more colors on that same mesh, but it worked out perfectly with the area I use! :lol: It seems like I have another color or two of the mesh, but I can't think of them right off the top of my head. I AM planning on going to the store where I found them, which is fairly far (about 25 minute drive) away, so if you're thinking of a totally different mesh color, let me know in the next day or two!

Oh wow you have all kinds of goodies! I have to check it out more, but I am already looking at the double decker and the sleeping bag for sure. No need for you going out of your way for a special coloured mesh, I'll take whatever you have in stock. You'll see an order from me soon.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back