Mommy's little con artist...

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennifervb

I discovered, last night, while pulling out the container which holds my teklad blocks, that my little man Ben has been actively engaged in peeling the paint right off of the walls under the desk.

I wonder if there is such a thing as flavored wallpaper... you know... like the kind they had in the classic film "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" (and I don't mean the one with Johnny Depp).

I wonder how much Ben would like to chew on jalapeno pepper flavored wallpaper... :wink:

While we're at it... you should see my carpet's new state! AWESOME!!! I just wish that Basil would pee everywhere so that the orange color would be conform. :laugh4:

Have you ever watched a rat mark his territory? I am assuming that what I've seen is what he is doing... namely, he drags his little balls across the floor and I am then greeted with a wet spot.

And on another note... is it healthy for their poop to be big? LORD! Basil's must be 3x the size of anything I've ever seen! I've checked him and everything appears to be in the best of healthy form but I could fire his pellets out of a gun!

:rofl4: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry that was just the funniest post I have ever read.

But I don't have answers for you. :lol:

jennifervb said:
Have you ever watched a rat mark his territory? I am assuming that what I've seen is what he is doing... namely, he drags his little balls across the floor and I am then greeted with a wet spot.

And on another note... is it healthy for their poop to be big? LORD! Basil's must be 3x the size of anything I've ever seen! I've checked him and everything appears to be in the best of healthy form but I could fire his pellets out of a gun!

:lol: I think I split my pants laughing! Dragging balls! Oh my!
LMAO!
I have a few rats too that have healthy sized pelets, I am not sure why, but they are usually from boys that are larger. I'm still giggling, sorry no other answers for now.

:roll: Geeez Jen, you sound like my husband....."MY GOD look at the HUGE terds they leave?! Is THAT normal?" Me - yes dear, leave them alone

As for the marking, my kids are great, SOMEHOW and somehow is the key because I have no idea.....maybe because I wake them all up and tell them to go pee they have gotten the idea. But my kids all "use the corner" before they come out for playtime. I used to tell Dusty to "go pee" before he came out for his playtimes, once in his pee corner he would go and then come running to the door to come out.

Mine haven't learned that yet. They are good for a long while, then you can see Ruby running around looking for something and then she turns around, faces you, pushes her bum back and piddles. She tries to find her litter I think. But if we put a litter pan down she won't use it. *sigh*

Surely you don't expect any answers to anything when everyone is in laughing convulsions? Too funny!!!

I love the way you write. You make your dilemmas turn into so much fun.
My dilemma with the wall... it seems that drywall is quite yummy, either that or the little buggers are slowing working on escaping their room.

The dragging balls... not so funny when done on your skin. They sure can press them down hard too. Mmm, maybe I'll get them little wee spoons, it's got to be faster on drywall then teeth right?

mamarat2 said:
tell them to go pee they have gotten the idea.

My Sniffies is hilarious with this because he will go before coming out but then marks a VERY deliberate ring around mommy and protects it with all of his might!!! My husband isn't even allowed inside the ring of Sniffies!! he is such a momma's boy :roll:

OMG! Pardon me Jennifervb but I just have to ooh & aah over Sniffies here in your post.
Oboy Stephanie, you have 2 men who think the world revolves around you? No wonder some of us have car tires going flat and no idea what to do about it. Population only allows us one each, you know? I'm not sure pee-rings could fix that but the adoration would be lovely and to heck with the car.

LA said:
:rofl4: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry that was just the funniest post I have ever read.

But I don't have answers for you. :lol:

I don't have any answers for me either...LMAO!!!

I tend to take my rat's antics with a healthy dose of humor. They absolutely kill me at times. :laugh4:

If you park yourself in an advantageous position, you can literally analyze their little habits and idiocyncrasies. I won't say that I don't care about the state of my condo, but Ben and Basil do not have enough opportunity to do any kind of damage which can't be fixed.

I told my ex-boyfriend that I had replaced him with rats and was very happy with my decision. :)

The poor man must still be scratching his head... (which is probably a nice vacation for his b@lls...)

Sorry... bad but funny humor from the film "Legally Blonde" :laugh4: :bananas:

RunzwithRatz said:
jennifervb said:

:lol: I think I split my pants laughing! Dragging balls! Oh my!
LMAO!
I have a few rats too that have healthy sized pelets, I am not sure why, but they are usually from boys that are larger. I'm still giggling, sorry no other answers for now.

I have thread and needles if you need anything... :wink:

I also remembered my girl's pellets being smaller than my guy's. As long as my little men are healthy and don't tear themselves up while going to the "loo" then I have no complaints. 8)

(The word "loo" cracks me up!!! I have friends from England and they crack me up when they say it.) :laugh4:

mamarat2 said:
:roll: Geeez Jen, you sound like my husband....."MY GOD look at the HUGE terds they leave?! Is THAT normal?" Me - yes dear, leave them alone

As for the marking, my kids are great, SOMEHOW and somehow is the key because I have no idea.....maybe because I wake them all up and tell them to go pee they have gotten the idea. But my kids all "use the corner" before they come out for playtime. I used to tell Dusty to "go pee" before he came out for his playtimes, once in his pee corner he would go and then come running to the door to come out.

WOW!!! How did you get Dusty to do that??? Ben and Basil have absolutely no intention of being trained in anything!!! AWESOME!!! Kudos to you Sweetie; I'm impressed! :D

I'm grateful to your husband for asking the same questions... at least I'm not alone in my boat. :wink:

jennifervb said:
I told my ex-boyfriend that I had replaced him with rats and was very happy with my decision. :)

The poor man must still be scratching his head... (which is probably a nice vacation for his b@lls...)

ROTFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can't... breathe.... laughing.... too.... hard.....

Fidget said:
Surely you don't expect any answers to anything when everyone is in laughing convulsions? Too funny!!!

LOL... sorry... I was in my own etherial state after discovering Ben's little project... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. :roll: :shock: :laugh4:

jorats said:
I love the way you write. You make your dilemmas turn into so much fun.
My dilemma with the wall... it seems that drywall is quite yummy, either that or the little buggers are slowing working on escaping their room.

The dragging balls... not so funny when done on your skin. They sure can press them down hard too. Mmm, maybe I'll get them little wee spoons, it's got to be faster on drywall then teeth right?

I tend to see dilemmas as a way to learn. I'm a pretty easygoing person when it comes to the things that nature or Murphy's Law tends to throw our way. The fact is that the rats give a great deal more than they can ever take. I give them full credit for getting me out of a not so great relationship. They are the reason I "had" to change my eating habits (more fruit and vegetables) and when work has been rough; they put a smile on my face by licking my nose. They have a healthy amount of + points in my book. If they like the walls, and are clever enough to pull the wool over my eyes, then kudos to them.

They keep me on my toes and they clean my face for me... can it get any better than that? :love6:

They mark me too!!! I know what you mean! Nevertheless, we are fortunate to be worth marking. With such a little bladder... it takes alot of effort to mark a human! I wonder how thrilled they would be to know that humans have washing machines and that their efforts must, continually, be repeated...LOL!!! Shhhhhhhhhhhhh... we won't tell them. :wink:

Stephanie said:
mamarat2 said:
tell them to go pee they have gotten the idea.

My Sniffies is hilarious with this because he will go before coming out but then marks a VERY deliberate ring around mommy and protects it with all of his might!!! My husband isn't even allowed inside the ring of Sniffies!! he is such a momma's boy :roll:

Now THAT is devotion!!!!! Someone needs to shoot a video!!! :D

LA said:
jennifervb said:

ROTFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Can't... breathe.... laughing.... too.... hard.....

Sorry Le-Andra, there must be something in my Spicy Chai. :rose: :)

Back