Molly - ?? - April 15, 2008

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley

I wasn't planning on getting another rat, but I came across Molly on a forum. Someone was giving her away because they didn't want rats anymore, and her cagemate was ill. When her cagemate passed away she came into my life - a really sweet Himalayan Dumbo with rex fur.

Molly was a bit of a strange rat with others, we had a very hard time introducing her to any of our rats. She spent most of her time alone unfortunately, but she was spoiled with so much cuddle time she was always happy to come out with us. About two weeks ago I adopted a neutered male rat - the two of them hit it off so well. Within a days time they were bruxxing and cuddling. They were inseperable and I wish I had taken the time to get some more pictures. I never expected her to leave us so soon.

I have a hard time expressing all my emotions after a loss, I'm still in shock. My last rat passed away extremely suddenly within 24 hours of showing any symptoms, so it's even harder to lose the next one just as quickly. I don't know what really happened, or what was wrong with her, so I can only take my best guesses at what happened these past few days.

Rest in peace my sweetie, you are greatly missed. My family doesn't even know yet... my sister is going to be heartbroken but I won't tell her until after her exam. She needs to do well... :cry3:

Her crazy rex fur, it curled more when she got older :D
molly.jpg

Molly and Pickles bruxxing together
mollypickles1.jpg

I'll always remember this happy face
picklesmolly3.jpg

Oh Shelley I am so sorry that Molly left you. :cry3: The second picture is one to treasure. It is a lovely picture. It is hard when you don't know what is wrong with our loved ones. Give Pickles a hug for me. You too need each other today.

Ann

I am terribly sorry to hear she didn't make it Shel, but I am glad she was with you when she left our world.
You did all you could for her, some rats age fast and we can think its just that. :(

Take care of yourself and Pickles, he's probably pretty confused right now.

Sleep well little angel girl. :heart:

Thanks, I'll definitely be cuddling Pickles later, but for now I need to get some sleep. Been awake since 7am Monday. I feel terrible and sick, things just like to hit all at once it seems. Pickles misses her, I had her cage next to his and he seems confused and is hiding in the fleece on the top floor. I'm going to have to see if he will get along with any of my other rats, it really sucks, it just doesn't seem fair. They loved each other in the short time they were together, I really didn't expect her to leave us this soon.

I am so sorry. It all happened so fast, no chance to figure out what was the matter & no chance to get used to the idea that she was so ill.

Take care. We are all thinking of you.

Oh God, I'm so sorry Shelley. :tearful:

And I was pulling so hard for the darling little lady. :rose:

You were wonderful to her Shelley and she knows how much you love her. She has taken that love with her on her journey to the bridge.

Play hard precious Molly, knowing how much you are loved. :heart:

Please give Pickles kisses, cuddles and scritches from me, Shelley and :hugs: to you. You are lovely. :rose:

*cries*

I already said this on your other thread, but... I'm so sorry that Molly is gone. It's truly heartbreaking... She was such a sweet little lady. *hugs you* I'm so very very sorry.

Im so sorry Shelley - thats such a heartbreaking situation...

Please find comfort knowing she had her mommy with her in her passing moments, surrounded by the love of her family. And that even if for a short while, she had the love and companionship of a dear rattie-friend.

Those pictures, eventhough they are fewer than you had hoped, seem to capture her essence so perfectly.

*hugs* to you and Pickles from the gang here

Back