Mites? Can I use kitten Revolution?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there! Thanks for all the help on my last post. I have another question I’ve been researching a bit, but want a second opinion.

I noticed a few scabs here and there on my rat (female, 2 years old) a few months ago. And I noticed she would a leave small scabs with a tuft of fur all around her cage that she was obviously scratching off herself. So I took her to the vet and the vet said that it’s not an issue.

It was weird to me that the vet said it wasn’t an issue, but the scabs weren’t getting worse, and my rat didn’t seem to mind too much. The scabs can only be seen if the fur is brushed gently back. They aren’t visible otherwise, they’re very small.

I came back from a two week vacation today (my mom looked after my rat for me, but didn’t give her as much free roaming time or cuddles as I do). I’ve noticed since coming back that she has more scabs that usual and seems to be getting annoyed by it. Obviously I want to do something about it.

I’ve done some research and it looks like the best option is to purchase Revolution for kittens and use one drop on the back of her neck. My concern is if she does not have mites, will this hurt her? I do not trust the vet that I have seen in the past as they have looked over issues in the past before. I don’t think there are any other vets that see rats near my area.

Please let me know if you have any experience with using Revolution, and if it might be a good idea for me to try out.

(I don’t think she has an issue with excess protein as her diet is Oxbow pellets and vegetables).

Back