Meet Clark - new photos/regular updates

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to work today so the hubby gave me Clark updates. When I got home I was informed Clark nipped today, but not in an aggressive manner. I must warn this story might cause excessive laughing:

Apparently our Clark likes to hide under blankets and while he was under the hubby's blanket he quickly made his way up the baggy boxer briefs ... you guys know where this is going ... not the torpedoes :lol6::lol6: and no harm was darn. Daddy will keep a closer watch next time. Clark is a sneaky little guy and he loves burrowing into/under things.

This little guy has such personality and character. He just hangs out on the couch with us like a dog/cat. He is so unlike all our other boys. They will come out, but usually sleep on the ledge of the couch between the cushion and wall. This boy lays right next to you or on the arm rest.

My ferrets used to love going up pant legs and nipping the sensitive skin behind your knee. I think they thought it was a great game. I think you have a jokester on your hands.

My ferrets used to love going up pant legs and nipping the sensitive skin behind your knee. I think they thought it was a great game. I think you have a jokester on your hands.

He got daddy's nipple today too ... he likes to play. The nip according to the hubby was a bit hard, but it didn't leave any marks and those daddy's can be a bit whimpy....

He got daddy's nipple today too ... he likes to play. The nip according to the hubby was a bit hard, but it didn't leave any marks and those daddy's can be a bit whimpy....
My first rat, Minnie Mouse, used to bite my nipple on a regular basis. I think she thought it was funny. I didn't! Little bugger!

My first rat, Minnie Mouse, used to bite my nipple on a regular basis. I think she thought it was funny. I didn't! Little bugger!

That's right, some of my destructo get me all the time when I'm cleaning their cage - so what is he whining about?? Big baby!!!

Poor Clark was stuck in his cage all day while we were at work like a - Rat! This morning when I was getting ready to leave he got up, stretched and yawned, and looked at me like "alright what are we doing today." He's out running around now, but I think he misses daddy - he's looking for his buddy.
Such a silly boy. I'm trying to download a video of him and daddy playing yesterday.

EDIT: Clark playing with daddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Ii9krkF68&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
I find it interesting how most rats are afraid of cats, but the occasional one isn't. It looks like Clark is actually pursuing the kitty to play (or perhaps pounce?)

I find it interesting how most rats are afraid of cats, but the occasional one isn't. It looks like Clark is actually pursuing the kitty to play (or perhaps pounce?)

He pursues her and nips at her tail and keeps trying to groom her. He also goes after her ears and pulls on them. Yesterday he laid on top of her, but later on he went to groom her butt again and she had enough. Although she didn't go to bite him she let us know enough was enough and squeeked and face butted him a few times to get him away. I think his nipping/grooming was a bit hard for her. She has a thyroid problem and is skin and bones. No more putty for him. It just wants to play and play and play

Clark got a bigger cage today and has been moved into the rat room. He needs to learn he is a rat and cannot stay on the couch all day with daddy. Our poor other boys want play time too.

Oh dear, what ever will he do?!

He looks at us like "Why am I here and what are these other animals around me" "Please don't leave me here" Clark is in trouble he went behind our couch cover and chewed two holes in the couch. The are completely repairable, but he was a bad Clark. Although you cannot be mad at the little guy.... He still hasn't bitten and his daddy wrestles with him and he gets all puffed up and walks away, but then comes back for more. He's is still trying to get the putty to play with him and is determined to get to her when he is out. Silly Clark.

Daddy said he was pulling on the back of his shirt this morning while he was passing out medication to the other boys. He is currently in the middle of the rat room since we're not sure which colony he'll be going into.

Back