mammary tumour shrinking?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princeyyu

so my rat aspen has had a mammary tumour for about 6 months now. i cant afford to get it removed (the cheapest i can get it done for in my area is £450), but i don’t wanna let her go because she’s still really happy and has a great quality of life, and acts as if the tumour isn’t even there. she doesn’t seem to be in any pain in general or when i touch it but she has gotten quite thin. the skin around the tumour is really saggy and she has little fur on it. when i felt between her body and the tumour, i realised it wasn’t actually connected to her body. like, between the tumour and her body it’s just skin. the tumour is completely separate from her actual body. it feels spongy and lumpy, to the point that if i press gently on the tumour then it takes a moment before rising back up. it’d been 6 months and it had only grown in size a little bigger than her head(which is smaller than you’d think, she’s always been tiny), but i check it daily and noticed a few days ago that it felt smaller. my family agreed with me that the tumour has definitely shrunk. does anybody have any clue what might be going on? im in a really tough situation with money after rent was raised so i can’t go to a vet again, just a consultation costs £50 and i don’t want to let her go yet when she still runs on her wheel and jumps around outside of the cage like nothings wrong.

Back