Loving Pitbull Looking for a Home -Nanaimo, BC

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMak

Not sure if dogs are allowed to be posted here...but
Posting this for my sister

kaiahad2.jpg

Kaiah (pronounced Ky-ah) is a 3.5 year old, spayed pitbull looking for a new loving home.
My sister is heartbroken over this situation as Kaiah is an extremely loving, willful dog and they have both grown a close bond.
She has decided to rehome Kaiah due to her not being a good match with her other dog. Kaiah is VERY sweet with people and thrives on cuddles,
but is quite dominant with dogs and doesn't enjoy playing with them (Amadeus, my sister's other dog, is an EXTREMELY playful dog, which is the main factor
in why they aren't a good match for each other) therefore it is preferred that she is the only dog in the household. (She is, however, cat-friendly!)
Owner should be experienced with high-energy dogs and needs to have the time in their schedule to take her out for atleast
1 walk a day. She also enjoys going on off-leash hikes, swims, etc.
She does not need to muzzled, like other pitbulls in the city, as she successfully recieved her Canine Good Neighbours!
Home check, meet and greet & phone interview will be required.

For more information (and pictures), please email Melissa.
[email protected]

kaiahad1.jpg

Awwwe she sounds like my Fate, she as well cannot be in a home with other dogs. We had two others when we got her as a pup, and had to rehome the other two with family as they were not a liabilty. Hope she finds a forever home where she can be the only dog, or with a submissive male. She's beautiful!

Maybe she could find a local rescue to do a courtesy post on petfinder for her? Hopefully they can find something for Kaiah!

Kaiah has now found a new home.
While it was an extremely heartbreaking task to do (for both my sister and I) we feel this is going to be a less stressful home for her
and therefore happier.
My sister spoke on the phone with them the past few days, did a meet and greet, home check, etc and these people passed everything with flying colours.
They own their own home with a large fenced yard and there are enough people living in the house that it is almost guaranteed there will always be someone home to keep Kaiah company.
They also have lots of trails near their house and the hubby is planning on taking her fishing with him on regular basis.
To top it off, the owner has given us "visitation rights" and is planning on giving us many updates over email.
My sister is planning on taking me with her to go for a visit in a month or so (she believes seeing her any sooner will be too heartbreaking and we don't want to confuse or stress Kaiah with any emotions)

Here's a photo of the last outing I had with my "niece"....
kaiahsnowprofile3.jpg

Back